Hacking Completely Stuck with neek2o (and WiiFlow)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you loading neek via features or via the game you want to load settings? that image looks familiar, but I don't believe I've ever had that happen on the vwii (maybe the normal wii?).

Panchosfriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you loading neek via features or via the game you want to load settings? that image looks familiar, but I don't believe I've ever had that happen on the vwii (maybe the normal wii?).

I tried to load neek both ways on usb loader gx. When I load neek on features, it stays stuck on that image I attached. It has vwiikernel.bin file checked off. When I try to load neek via the game, all I get is a completely black screen. The game doesn't even give a preview before I hit "start." It's just a black screen even on the preview screen.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what does your sneek folder look like?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I could've sworn nswitch was for the original wii. neek2o is somewhat difficult to find. it can't be uploaded to the site either, since it contains copyright code.

Panchosfriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what does your sneek folder look like?

I could've sworn nswitch was for the original wii. neek2o is somewhat difficult to find. it can't be uploaded to the site either, since it contains copyright code.

Can I post a picture of the files inside my sneek folder or should I just list my files?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
either is fine. you really only need the vwiikernel.bin and font.bin (the di.bin too for disc stuff iirc). those are the only three files you need. the vwii will create the rest.

Panchosfriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
either is fine. you really only need the vwiikernel.bin and font.bin (the di.bin too for disc stuff iirc). those are the only three files you need. the vwii will create the rest.

Attached are the files inside my vwii sneek folder. Please let me know if they are the correct ones and size.

Attachments

• 20201103_210107.jpg
    20201103_210107.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 163

Panchosfriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
font, di and vwiikernel.bin are all the right side. you don't need the other stuff.

Okay then. I will delete the rest of the files. Then it has to do with my nand backup? How did you set yours up? What program did you use for your vwii nand dump? I used dumpmii and extracted the files using showmywads program. Not sure if that was right.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just use usb loader gx's nand back up utility (under features). that's how I built mine. I also used its wad manager to inject the games. btw, if you're using ustealth, you might need to use the other FAT library (in official ustealth posting) to get the wiiware to work. you will get a black screen otherwise in those circumstances. it's not an official library, but it works.

here it is: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ciosx-rev21d2x-yet-another-hot-fix.277659/page-163#post-5092147

you need to reinstall your cios to get it to work.

Panchosfriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just use usb loader gx's nand back up utility (under features). that's how I built mine. I also used its wad manager to inject the games. btw, if you're using ustealth, you might need to use the other FAT library (in official ustealth posting) to get the wiiware to work. you will get a black screen otherwise in those circumstances. it's not an official library, but it works.

here it is: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ciosx-rev21d2x-yet-another-hot-fix.277659/page-163#post-5092147

Okay then. I will update you tomorrow. I'm not using Ustealth as that makes wiiware, VC games not playable. A poster is saying to to install a patch. What do you mean reinstall cios to get it to work? Who made that comment? I just want to make sure I get it right.

Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you're not using ustealth, then you don't need to use that FAT library and ustealth. I just remember that giving me black screens 'til I fixed it. it's of no purpose to you without ustealth.

Panchosfriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you're not using ustealth, then you don't need to use that FAT library and ustealth. I just remember that giving me black screens 'til I fixed it. it's of no purpose to you without ustealth.

Okay then. I'll keep an eye out on Ustealth after I'm done solving neek2o on vwii. I'll keep you posted about my progress with neek2o on vwii. Thank you for your help.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one other thing: make sure you only have games that need neek2o using it. by far most games don't need it. the only two games I know of off the top of my head are valis 2 and castlevania rebirth adventure. there are several others, but the length of time it takes to load the nand is dependent on how many games are part of that neek2o nand. use regular nand for everything but those games. create a second, separate nand for neek2o, then, in the games that need it settings, link to the neek2o nand. it's kinda confusing to explain it, but you want to install those neek2o games twice: once for them to appear on the carousel in usb loader gx, then a second time for them to load via the game's settings. you have to do it that way afaik, since usb loader gx will only load one nand at a time. does that make sense?

Panchosfriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one other thing: make sure you only have games that need neek2o using it. by far most games don't need it. the only two games I know of off the top of my head are valis 2 and castlevania rebirth adventure. there are several others, but the length of time it takes to load the nand is dependent on how many games are part of that neek2o nand. use regular nand for everything but those games. create a second, separate nand for neek2o, then, in the games that need it settings, link to the neek2o nand. it's kinda confusing to explain it, but you want to install those neek2o games twice: once for them to appear on the carousel in usb loader gx, then a second time for them to load via the game's settings. you have to do it that way afaik, since usb loader gx will only load one nand at a time. does that make sense?

I'm confused on creating two separate nands. You mean to install those two games to the real vwii nand?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, usb loader gx can only display content from one nand at a time. you have to install it with all other games for it to appear in the games' list. neek2o games must be installed a second time to a separate nand backup. you then link the game to that nand in game settings. you don't want all games using neek2o or it could take 20 minutes to load the nand.

Panchosfriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, usb loader gx can only display content from one nand at a time. you have to install it with all other games for it to appear in the games' list. neek2o games must be installed a second time to a separate nand backup. you then link the game to that nand in game settings. you don't want all games using neek2o or it could take 20 minutes to load the nand.

Okay then. I'll keep you posted on my progress with neek2o.

Thank you.

Reactions: godreborn

Panchosfriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I got neek2o to work on vwii! Thank you so much for your help. I am finally able to have my vwii and wii neek2o files in the same hard drive. I was confused by the directions to make 2 seperate nands and one nand being for the difficult games to play. I bypassed that by going to the loader settings and the Emunand saves emulation set to partial and Nand Chan. Emulation set to Neek. All of the Wiiware/VC games load up except one so far Rubik's cube which I just installed on the real vwii nand.

I was hesitant to try out that Ustealth "fix", but I tried it out today and it worked in letting me play wiiware/VC games with Ustealth turned on. It is nice to not get that message to reformat my hard drive every time. But it messed up on how games exit back to the Wii U. When I exit a wiiware/VC game now, all I get is the black screen and that didn't happen before. I tried to revert back the cIOS to the original d2x cIOS install without that Ustealth fix and took off Ustealth and it still gives me the black screen when leaving ONLY wiiware/VC games. Wii games and Gamecube games revert back to USB loader Gx. Do you know what setting I can turn on so that once I exit a Wiiware/VC game, the system can revert back to the Wii U instead of giving me the black screen?

Panchosfriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about a black screen, but neek2o games will restart the system when you exit.
Yeah, that's what it was doing before I installed that Ustealth "fix." I used Ustealth and downloaded that fix from the forum you posted and reran the cIOS. After I did that, the wiiware/VC games work with Ustealth on. But now I have the issue of getting a permanent black screen when I exit a wiiware/VC game. Before I installed Ustealth, when I exit a Wiiware/VC game it rebooted my system back to the Wii U and now it doesn't do that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: