Hacking Completely new to this and very interested.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
As the topic title says, Im really interested in doing this kind of stuff on my Wii.

I have a couple of questions though:
- Do I HAVE to solder the chip in? Because I have no handyman skills WHATSOEVER, and I don't think anyone around my area will do it.
-What is the cheapest/best modchip I can get?
- Do I need to burn the actual Wii games into a DVR or something? Because my computer doesn't have a CD/DVD burner installed...
- Is there a chance of screwing up my Wii at ALL by doing this?
- I bought my Wii very recently, and it forcefully updated to the newest version. Am I screwed already? ;-;

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes.
Wiikey/Cyclowiz
Sucks for you. Get one.
Yes - you're Wii may not even be able to get modded, if it has cut legs.
Nope...you probably might be if it is a newer Wii (again, cut legs).

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. Actually, no. And I feel your pain, I'm there too!
tongue.gif
There is a product soon to come out called the Wlip (check this thread) and you can just click the Wlip to the inside of the Wii. This is especially useful if you have a D2B Wii with cut legs; it makes it waaay easier to mod. A d2c wii version of the wlip is also being developed, but it will come later (someone said not before Christmas). But, for the wiikey, you have to solder to the wlip, then click wlip to your wii. For some other modchips (not sure which ones exactly) you can just click it to the wlip, then click wlip to your wii.

2. It depends what kind of wii you have. If you have a D2C Wii (if you bought wii in last four months i think?), your only hope is the D2CKey, manufactured by the same company that makes the wiikey. If you have a D2B Wii, probably a wiikey clone, but as stated above, you might want to get another because wiikeys (and clones) must be soldered to the wlip, that is if you get a wlip. If this is a problem, the cyclowiz is good. Team Cyclops always has quick updates
wink.gif

3. Not sure whether you download it or burn original copy. Sorry...
unsure.gif

4. Yeah, you could brick your wii so it wouldn't work at all. With the wlip, there will probably be less of a risk.
biggrin.gif

5. Not that I know of, no. The Wii so far cannot detect modchips, or else there would have been a 100-page thread about it
rofl2.gif

modshroom128

Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
As the topic title says, Im really interested in doing this kind of stuff on my Wii.

- Do I HAVE to solder the chip in? Because I have no handyman skills WHATSOEVER, and I don't think anyone around my area will do it.
- Do I need to burn the actual Wii games into a DVR or something? Because my computer doesn't have a CD/DVD burner installed...
- I bought my Wii very recently, and it forcefully updated to the newest version. Am I screwed already? ;-;
lol just give up.

oh and i want to bang the girl in your avatar

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

lol just give up.

Aren't you that troll from the m3 forums? I think I recognize your avatar...

Anyways, as of right now, I think the cyclowiz is your best choice. And you definitely have to have a DVD burner.

modshroom128

Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States

lol just give up.

Anyways, as of right now, I think the cyclowiz is your best choice. And you definitely have to have a DVD burner.
i havent been on the m3 forums in over half a year, and im pretty sure alot of people have a nintendo mushroom as their avatar...
damn, but if its a flame war you want, its a flame war your gunna get.

SuperGeek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

lol just give up.

i havent been on the m3 forums in over half a year, and im pretty sure alot of people have a nintendo mushroom as their avatar...
damn, but if its a flame war you want, its a flame war your gunna get.

Lmao, after reading some of your posts, I can definitely label you as a troll. Honestly, this forum is for INTELLIGENT conversation, not "i want to start flame warz and say hahasucks 4 u" like you said in another post. Honestly, little boy, get a life.

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

lol just give up.

Wow u know the girl in her avatar is her.
rofl2.gif
Read her sig.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Thanks guys, I think I can honestly say this is not for me right now. I'd have to buy the pass device, the chip, AND a DVD Burner...LOTS of money there. But your posts have really helped me!

Also, to the idiot trying to start a war and flaming my topic, go somewhere else. And the "chick you want to bang" is me, dumbass. Dream on.

ledav007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"And the "chick you want to bang" is me, dumbass. Dream on."
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
bow.gif
good troll shooting !

For your Wii, dont despair too much, you might still be very able to mod it.

First there are modchips for even the newest ones now, and second you might find someone that can solder it for you. Did you check with the place you bought it from first ? Or some shops around you that do sell Wiis ?

Then the update your Wii did I guess is the firmware update on internet. This won't change the fact that it can be modded.

As for now there is a doubt on the Wiikey update, in case you have a Wii that is not brand new (D2B instead of D2C if you read a little around here you'll know what the problem is...) so you should wait a little before choosing your chip. Time for things to cool down and know what chips will work with the new coming games.

That's time to save some money... And you'll probably be able to mod it later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended