COMPLETELY NEW to the Wii U scene, BUT!: (read on)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by JanoriaCorven, Aug 31, 2018.

1. JanoriaCorven
    OP

JanoriaCorven Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2018
    Australia
    I have just attained a Wii U from someone over at gumtree (Australia site), and it came pre-modded. Haxchi and all. Multiple games, and even a SD Card inside of it (Very nice of the fella). Anyway. Thats not the concern.

I am looking for some help navigating this website. are there any threads about how to download certain games, and convert them over to the Wii U?

(Please note, i am not asking for actual download links to games. just the tools used to make it so i can copy the games to my pre-existing external HDD.)

Any help would be of great appreciation

2. JanoriaCorven
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2018
    Australia
    Added information:

5.5.1 E
    WUP-101(4)
    FAH100572797
    HATB-0250-3375

3. JanoriaCorven
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2018
    Australia
    I know its only been 5 hours. But is there anyone out there that can help out? I'm now getting a -5 with my Haxchi. and i am quite eager to get it, and my games added to the wii.

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    You can use Wii U USB Helper to download games: https://www.reddit.com/r/CemuPiracy/comments/8gj8z8/workaround_download_and_run_wii_u_usb_helper/
    It has a transfer function that will transfer the files to the correct location on the SD card, then they can be installed to USB or NAND with WUPInstaller GX2.
    You can also run Wii and GC games from the same USB HDD as Wii VC, it's a bit more complicated but Wii U USB Helper does most of the hard work for you.

5. JanoriaCorven
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2018
    Australia
    Would the Zelus work around work as well? I have Zelus installed and it basically fixes up the Wii U usb launcher thingie.

Also.... my SD Card is sort of... taken... by a broken (-5 error) Haxchi.... cant i transfer it direct to my external hard drive?

6. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Any minus numbered errors (-5, -3, -X) are SD Card related, check if your Wii U reads the SD Card

As for your piracy, google is your best friend, but basically you'll need to get dumps on .app format (aka usb ready format) and install them using WUPInstaller GX2 from your SD Card to your Wii U's USB or internal memory (NAND)

For DLCs and Digital-only titles you'll need to have any sort of Signature patching enabled (Mocha CFW or [coldboot]Haxchi CFW), both to install the game and run it

Last edited by THEELEMENTKH, Aug 31, 2018
  7. JanoriaCorven
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2018
    Australia
    Just to let everyone know right now...

I have absolute ZERO experience. my last experience was with the Wii Zelda Twilight Princess save file hack to get homebrew.

and even then that took 36 hours of me staying awake.

Talk to me like an idiot... please. i need THAT LEVEL of help.

8. spectral

spectral GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2012
    Another thing of note, don't remove their NNID from the console, that will break Haxchi.

Edit: Also, no. You have to transfer the game from Wii USB Helper to the SD card and use WUP Installer on the Wii U to install the game to USB or Nand(The Wii U's internal memory). The PC wont even see a Wii U formatted HDD.

Last edited by spectral, Aug 31, 2018
  9. gooeywreck

gooeywreck Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2016
    United States
    if you want to install wiiu games google... Install Wii U Games, DLC and Updates using Wii U WUP Installer Y Mod
    it should be the first link
    otherwise for gamecube and wii games google [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)
    wish you luck

10. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    First of all, check if your Wii U reads the SD Card and if the homebrew files are where haxchi expects as that's most likely why you see the -5 error

Then:
    1- Download your game
    2- Install WUP Installer GX2 to your Wii U
    3- Put your game's folder inside a folder called install on your SD Card
    4- Start any method of Signature patching, normal haxchi will work
    5- Start WUP Installer GX2 via the homebrew launcher and install your game

zfreeman likes this.
  11. JanoriaCorven
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2018
    Australia

well its giving off a -5 error. and there's no actual place on the internet that i can see that tells me what a -5 is. it shows up -5 at the top left of the screen. lemme see if i can recreate it for you in the next post.

VOILA!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

12. spectral

spectral GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2012
    As mentioned the minus numbers mean it can see the card but a file it needs isn't there. By default Haxchi is set to load into the Homebrew launcher. Check on the SD card in the WiiU/Apps folder if HBL is there. Another thing to try is seeing if it works loading into sysmenu. Load haxchi but hold A while its loading.

Also did you remove any files or anything that were on the SD card when you got it?

13. JanoriaCorven
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2018
    Australia
    Hangs after showing "Wii U Menu". after HAXCHI

14. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I'm guessing it's based on the launcher I linked, so it would probably work. I don't see any benefit to using it over the one I linked though.
    Could be that your SD card is missing /wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf (I think it needs to be the .elf for Haxchi/CBHC to work, the .rpx is only used for the dedicated homebrew launcher channel that you can install and use once you're in CFW)
    And no, the HDD is in a special Wii U format and you can't put games directly on it, they need to be installed from SD.

15. JanoriaCorven
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2018
    Australia
    so then the last stupid question remains... is the homebrew thingie inside of the Wii U USB helper?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Answered my own question. Yes it is.

16. JanoriaCorven
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2018
    Australia
    Post is solved! Attempting to load in new games now. EUR version

17. spectral

spectral GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2012
    What was causing the problem?

18. JanoriaCorven
    OP

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2018
    Australia
    Homebrew Launcher wasnt found. found it, slapped it on the sd card.