Gaming Completed Tony Hawk American Sk8land this weekend

4ppleseed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
.. that I reeeeally enjoyed playing it. Reminded me so much of the good old days of drinking Vodka and playing Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 on the PS1 with my buddies. All to often a franchise get bitterly twisted & distorted from what originally brought players to it in the first place. It’s nice to see this DS version cut the bullshit and just make a fun game.

If you haven’t played this game yet, and you’re a fan of the original series… it’s very recommended!

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I agree! The game felt like an old-school Tony Hawk game and it had cool graphics and cutscenes!
I also recommend it.

4ppleseed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's what I would consider a 'Sony' style game along with things like Asphalt GT 2.

Really not the reason I bought a Nintendo DS to be honest -but whilst waiting for Zelda... THS8L & AGT2 really are entertaining me no end!

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree, this game was excellent. One of the few games to earn a permanent spot on my SCDS1
biggrin.gif

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well.. THPS2 is the best one imo... but this one was better than all those "jackass"-inspired tony hawk games on ps2... they are so lame!

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
as a hardcore tony hawk pro skater fan since the beginning, i have to say
sk8 land on DS is fantastic! second only to THPS2 in terms of perfection
all the combos, specials, revert, manual, walljump etc PLUS wifi. they really did a great job develolpers!

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
yah, I bought the game, if you like skateboarding games at all, a must buy.
only bad thing about the game is that one "I like dirt" song, but you can turn it off in the options
wink.gif

jono_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
... All to often a franchise get bitterly twisted & distorted from what originally brought players to it in the first place. It’s nice to see this DS version cut the bullshit and just make a fun game...

i think downhill jam was this twisted distorted game you speak of.

but they did get it right with sk8land
smile.gif

its got a permanent spot on my G6.

4ppleseed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually if you think about it, Downhill Jam is the same as Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1! but just very poor. Really coulnd't get in to Downhill Jam, it just felt all wrong.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
i thought THPS3 was better than THPS2 ...

but i'm no expert.

I only played this game for a short while and enjoyed it, but i deleted it from my cart when i was running out of space.

I might give it another go, or even wait till i get my slot one cart (Still deciding) and so then i'll have more space.

brn

Trophies
XP
Country
This game is one of the greater games on DS. There's a new one in the works that'll be coming to DS aswell (got a bit disappointed when I realized THP8 wouldn't come to DS and we got Downhill instead, but now they're back on track)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.