Complete Noob.. Can't play Snes games on 3ds xl dstwo.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by jmstrat, Jan 9, 2013.

1. jmstrat
    OP

Newcomer jmstrat Member

United States
    After setting up my dstwo I just want to know why when I add plugins to the dstwoplug folder the emulators don't show up on the 3ds? The files in the dstwo are the ini and the icon plus the plg file. It looks like this http://imgur.com/a/dkkOr.... Any help is appreciated.

2. jmstrat
    OP

Newcomer jmstrat Member

United States
    holy shit, this is the saddest most lonely post I have ever created.

3. Sychophantom

Member Sychophantom I'm a plant.

United States
    I don't own a DSTwo. Have you read the stickies? Also, try looking in the NDS Hacking forums, since technically the DSTwo is a DS flashcart that just happens to be the best option for the 3DS.

4. Theconejo

Member Theconejo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Have you tried just running a snes rom? (*.sfc files) I'm not sure if the regular dstwo (eos?) runs files like that since I went straight to bagUI which does. Meaning if I run a rom, as long as the emulator is present it will start up the emulator and the rom also(usually).

Also looks like you have 3 seperate snes emulators on your card, any reason for that? CatSFC, SFC, SNEmulDS

Maybe try to format the sd card and put the emulators on again? The picture of the /_dstwoplug looks ok but there is no SNEmulDS.plg but like I wrote you don't need, what looks to be, 3 snes emulators.
    I'm fairly certain you should have a folder that corresponds to the files in /dstwoplug in the root directory (sd:/) and that should be enough. I don't remember having to fiddle with any other files when I put the emulators in. I'll check back later to see what you did. If you want some pictures of my sd directories I can do it sometime later. But maybe try to format and start over with moving files over.

5. Janthran

Member Janthran Solarian

United States
    EOS doesn't do that.

6. Theconejo

Member Theconejo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Is that right? I didn't even boot the default EOS when I got the dstwo. I had bagui and the rest of the sd card ready for a week or so before it came.

7. ashram64

Newcomer ashram64 Newbie

United States
    make sure your files are in the first folder (root folder). NOT inside the _dstwo folder. that should fix your problem.
    and...you are welcome!

8. jmstrat
    OP

Newcomer jmstrat Member

United States
    Hello everyone I took me a while. Some reddit posts, lot's of tinkering but I got it. I followed the imenu installation and never messed with any files. I did find out that to add plugins you add the 3 files to the dstwo_plugin folder and that's it. Then when you get on the imenu, you hit the select button and "add" the .nds file and also select the coressponding icon, or it may do that automatically. And that's. I got it down a bit better. However I am having a few issues still. I tried out the jenesis emulator but when I try loading up sonic, it freezes. Also I want to load up jumpman on the commodore 64 "frodo" plugin but all I get is this "keyboard". I have no idea how to load jumpman on it. That's it though, also earthbound is working but I don't know how to save using the snes emulator. I can save gba games and gb games just fine using the menu but where's snes menu?

9. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Which Sonic? 3+Knux won't fit in the RAM of a DS (the genesis emulator is a DS emulator, not DSTwo-specific).

Tap the bottom screen for the menu.