Hacking Complete newbie needs help

jlondon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, all! I'm new to the forums here but look forward to becoming a regular.

I've been kicking around with my old GBASP for 2 years with exactly one game -- Yoshi's Island. I've been looking into a Flash cartridge so I can explore what else can be done with this old piece of equipment.

Most of the Flash Cartridges I can find online have some form of DS in them (the DSTwo, for example) but none specifically for the GBA. Can these cartridges be used in my GBA (obviously not the smaller size, but many of them look to fit into the DS's GameBoy slot)?

After following several 404ed links, I found this cartridge
Real Hot Stuff SC SD Rumble which appears to fit the GBA but requiring an SD card (not a problem). Is this what I'm looking for? I'd hate to waste money on something I can't use.

I don't own a DS, DSi, or DSXL. Just a GBASP. If I'm completely off, can anyone point me in the right direction? Is there an M3 or R4 cartridge that works better?

Cheers!

Cuelhu

GBATemp's Pepelatz Driver
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Gordinio is right. Supercard has a GBA flashcart model, but there are too many fakes, and it has that slowdown problem..

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cuelhu said:
Gordinio is right. Supercard has a GBA flashcart model, but there are too many fakes, and it has that slowdown problem..
I agree, don't get a Supercard for your GBA. I learned that lesson the hard way.

jlondon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The gameboy-advance.net site isn't very helpful. Any time I follow the "buy" links to any of the sites, I'm met with a 404. When searching on those linked sites for either EZ-Flash or Supercard, I get no results.

Is there a technical reason why the rumbles won't work with the SP? I should stay completely away from SuperCard?

I'd buy better games if I wanted to put a lot of money into this project. I just have this extra SP and thought it would be a neat project because of the SP's compact size.

Is this more what I'm looking for?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Rumble series has no RAM, and thus has no place to store the ROM as it's being executed (the SD card is way too slow to launch the rom from directly). The non-Rumble Supercards have the RAM, but it's just a tiny bit too slow, and so in certain GBA games you'll get slowdowns. For this reason, the EZ-IV is the most recommended cart at the moment, keeping in mind that selection is very very limited given the age of the GBA.

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jlondon said:
The gameboy-advance.net site isn't very helpful. Any time I follow the "buy" links to any of the sites, I'm met with a 404. When searching on those linked sites for either EZ-Flash or Supercard, I get no results.

Is there a technical reason why the rumbles won't work with the SP? I should stay completely away from SuperCard?

I'd buy better games if I wanted to put a lot of money into this project. I just have this extra SP and thought it would be a neat project because of the SP's compact size.

Is this more what I'm looking for?
um i guess so...

im sorry about the gameboy-advance.net site

Cuelhu

GBATemp's Pepelatz Driver
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Gordinio said:
Cuelhu said:
the Rumble ones were made for DS and DSLite, like the Ez-Flash 3-in-1 expansions.
Not exactly. The Rumble series were made for DS Roms before the debut of the first slot1 carts
yeah, but they were made for DS and DSLite only, like the expansion carts.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Buy a cheap DS Lite and a SuperCard DS Two. Solves all your problems. A bit expensive, but since you'd be getting pretty much every game ever created for the DS and GBA, it's actually quite a bargain
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol newegg+