Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://kotaku.com/339362/reggie-says-wii-c...mplete-ds-games

"Speaking with the New York Times, Nintendo's Reggie Fils-Aime has offered a little more info on the Wii's ability to interact with the DS. While we already know that the Wii will be able to download and transmit DS demos to the handheld, we now also know that you'll soon be able to download full games to your DS. While discussing the demo download feature, as well as DS DLC (like Japan, the US version of Professor Layton will feature extra downloadable puzzles), he tells the paper that gamers will be able to download "complete games" to the DS via the Wii's upcoming Everyone's Nintendo channel. No further info is provided, on the channel's Western launch or what kind of "complete games" he's talking about, but does this mean the Game Boy and/or Game Boy Advance might about to be added to the Virtual Console's lineup?
With Wii and DS, Nintendo Has 2 Hit Game Devices [NY Times]"

Would be great if we can get GB/GBC/NGPC and other handheld games on the VC. I'm guessing that if GBA is offered, the games would be actual ports and not emulation.

Mother 3 & the Legend of Starfy games in English please!

Would be a fucker if Nintendo doesn't release any hardware so we can keep these on the DS after we turn the thing off. Also when these demos appear, I hope they'll be ones that haven't already been released yet. Also would be nice to get some good cheap DS titles on WiiWare.

Gangsta_L

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah I just read it somewhere else
tongue.gif
awesome news in my opinion.

Would be a fucker if Nintendo doesn't release any hardware so we can keep these on the DS after we turn the thing off. Also when these demos appear, I hope they'll be ones that haven't already been released yet. Also would be nice to get some good cheap DS titles on WiiWare.
Maybe they will be using the official Nintendo flash cart to store the games on?
Then it's only waiting for someone who finds a way to use the other flash carts
tongue.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yay!

We will get games dumped straight from Nintendo
rofl2.gif

QUOTE said:
ROM Number  2XXX Â
Full Name Earthbound 2
Region USA
Languages English
Release Group Nintendo

Ah... dreaming...

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What initially seems like good news could be the end of flashcarts as we know it. Once this is up and running with the DSVision, it stands to reason that Nintendo would go after flashcart makers as... well, they make their own flashcart now.

We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
The DS can't store a whole DS or GBA game.. and.. even for GB/GBC games, AFAIK the DS has no ROM memory, so everytime you turn your DS off.. you'll lose the game..
So either.. Nintendo will have to release some kind of flashcard to store downloaded DS games.. or you'll have to get the game from your Wii everytime you want to play it.. still.. even under these conditions, GB/GBC and maybe NGPocket and Game Gear games on the Virtual Console.. would be a great addition..

Kingwad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yea... 4 megs of RAM to work with. Even the DS Browser has a 8 MB rom, with some files in nitrofat read from the card at runtime. With DL play, the entire program would have to be in memory. Or it could DL level files from the Wii like DLing tracks in Mario Kart before every race in single cart multi-player. Plus, the DS wireless is slooooooooooow, so any decent sized "complete game" would be a pain to load every time you want to play. I think "complete game" probably means a demo-sized game without a full sized commercial version.

ohmy.gif
Wow look! a complete game of tic-tac-toe downloaded to my DS! AMAZING!
bow.gif

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To me this just signals even more a new DS proably announced at the end of the year with internal memory. Just an opinion
smile.gif
But then again, the DS right now is still pretty hard to find, they're probably waiting for the current DS demand to come down.

camx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Let the mother3/etc translations drivel begin. something you all know Nintendo could hardly be pressed to actually do. Keep dreaming if it makes you feel better, I prefer to sneer and saturate any form of hyperbole with pure, liquid sarcasm. Oh yeah, I remember they DID release to us a translated Mother right? Yeah I remember that... All those years they finally did it! Oh wait....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: