Hacking Compiling homebrew from source

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Recently I have been playing mupen-360, but the compatibility isn't great.
I thought it be easier to clone gligli's repository and build from source. It has been no easy task... and still has not finished.
I have been able to compile mupen-360 and had it build the elf files, however, the result when loading roms is a black screen.
Heres what I did;

-Download the latest stable Ubuntu build 12.04 desktop
-clone the free60 gitroot free60 repository
-built the toolchain

all was swell. built the cube demo app too. works fine i guess. shows a rotating cube. cool. whatever.

at this stage, attempt to compile mupen-360 and complains about ZLX not being installed. so begin a struggling journey to install that properly. I think I eventually got there as it no longer complained of errors.
Finally was able to compile mupen-360.
When loading through xell-reloaded (2stage) it shows the blue loading part of the emulator, and finally the emulator itself; allowing you to pick the roms. you load a rom, then nothing. black. nadda.

Could there have been a step I significantly messed up that has chained down the line and caused my issue.
There are/were a butt-load of warnings that show up when trying to compile mupen-360, but I take that as either lazy coding or an unavoidable situation. but nothing to worry about.

wondering if anyone has done this before, or recently and has had luck getting this running.
you follow a guide or could provide me with instructions that I can follow with a new VM or something.
any help would be much appreciated.
thanks
overlord00

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Homebrew on the 360 isn't great at all.
It's just a few POC's and some game related/NAND tools.

As for your question.
I wouldn't know either tbh.
I hope that with the release of Xecuter Fusion that homebrew will gain momentum.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)