Compiling a .dol

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by G2K, May 9, 2009.

May 9, 2009

Compiling a .dol by G2K at 8:15 PM (832 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. G2K
    OP

Member G2K GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Stupid question - how do I compile a dol file? [​IMG]

I figured it might be useful considering I'm making a loader. I have devkitPRO, what do I do?

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Create a project file in programmers notepad. Set the project folder to the folder where the makefile is and select make.

3. G2K
    OP

Member G2K GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hmmm... It worked when I tried to compile one loader, but I'm trying the "Coverflow by Beardface" one, and it gives an error. The log says

Code:
    "make"
    Generating Version.h file...
    cat: .svn/entries: No such file or directory
    make[1]: /m/BeardFace: No such file or directory
    make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/m/BeardFace'.ÂÂStop.
    "make": *** [build] Error 2

> Process Exit Code: 2
    > Time Taken: 00:03

4. WiiPower

Germany
    Hmm, 1st, try make clean. And if you still get these compiling errors, post a link to the source here, so i can take a look at it. Could be setting the DevKitPro folders manually in the makefile like Waninkoko does, which isn't necessary(at least it's not necessary on WinXP).

5. Don Killah

Member Don Killah GBAtemp Maniac

France
    Make sure to close all active projects/file so it's better to quit and relaunch Devkitpro, then go to:
    File -> Open -> (browse to relevant project folder) -> open the makefile and then hit ALT+2 (clean) or ALT+1 (make).

It's a common error when the compiler doesn't know which folder it needs to process.

If it still doesn't work, make sure to to copy the whole project to the Devkitpro's directory (c:\devkitpro\dev\ for example).

6. Sir VG

Member Sir VG GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well, now that I have a way to compile, I'm running into new problems.

Code:
    > "make" 
    main.c
    c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:20:25: warning: jpeg/jpgogc.h: No such file or directory
    c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c: In function 'main':
    c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:178: warning: implicit declaration of function 'strspn'
    c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:178: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'strspn'
    c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:226: warning: implicit declaration of function 'valid_elf_image'
    c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:229: warning: implicit declaration of function 'load_elf_image'
    c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:231: warning: implicit declaration of function 'load_dol_image'
    c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:245: warning: implicit declaration of function '__exception_closeall'
    c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c: In function 'draw_background':
    c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:257: error: 'JPEGIMG' undeclared (first use in this function)
    c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:257: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
    c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:257: error: for each function it appears in.)
    c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:257: error: expected ';' before 'about'
    c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:258: warning: implicit declaration of function 'memset'
    c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:258: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'memset'
    c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:258: error: 'about' undeclared (first use in this function)
    c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:263: warning: implicit declaration of function 'JPEG_Decompress'
    c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:265: warning: implicit declaration of function 'display_jpeg'
    c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c: At top level:
    c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:269: error: expected ')' before 'jpeg'
    c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c: In function 'trim':
    c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:296: warning: implicit declaration of function 'strlen'
    c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:296: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'strlen'
    c:/emu_forwarder_source_v2/source/main.c:303: warning: implicit declaration of function 'isspace'
    make[1]: *** [main.o] Error 1
    "make": *** [build] Error 2

> Process Exit Code: 2
    > Time Taken: 00:01
    I can't get any of the multi-loader source codes to compile. The general forwarder works fine, so I'm probably screwing something up. Help, anybody?

7. WiiPower

Germany
    You are missing at least the file jpeg/jpgogc.h. Looks like it's a libary you need to add manually to the source. Take a 2nd look at the release notes.