Compile Luma 3DS nighly builds .bin for a9lh

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by noX1609, Nov 7, 2016.

1. noX1609
    OP

noX1609 B9S freak ;)

Aug 30, 2016
    Germany
    Hello,

i'm new to the scene and now i wanted to compile the nightly builds of luma3ds.
    I know that there are websites to download the compiled versions but as i'm also interested in writing own homebrew i would like to start with the compiling of the nichtly's by myself.

I own a Macbook Air and wanted to do the compiling with macOS.

Because my N3DSXL runs a9lh i need to compile the nighly's (and later my own Homebrews) as a bin file and i could not find a tutorial for doing this.

So my question is: Does anyone have a step by step guide how to install the SDK and other tools needed for compiling the source code as a bin file?
    That would be really great :)

Also later for my own homebrew i need to know how to create a .cia file for installing the .bin and other Files of my application.
    So it would be great if someone has a tutorial for that too.
    But the tutorial for compiling arm9 tools like the luma3DS nightly versions.

2. kittensauce

kittensauce Got a spare screen?

Mar 22, 2016
    United States
    Well, I've never used macOS for compiling Luma3DS specifically, but I have compiled other things! I think all you need is devkitPro, make, and Git. You can install make and Git via Homebrew, just install that via Terminal, afterwards typing "brew install git make". Pretty sure that works. Then issue "cd ~/", "git clone https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS.git", "cd Luma3DS", and finally "make", all without the quotations of course. Honestly, I could be very wrong, in which case someone else will probably correct me. Good luck, and have fun in the horrible land of cross-compiling!
    Oh, wait, you said something about making a CIA out of a BIN? Sorry, BIN files are usually used for A9LH, and can't be made into a CIA.

Last edited by kittensauce, Nov 7, 2016
  3. noX1609
    OP

noX1609 B9S freak ;)

Aug 30, 2016
    Germany
    Hi,

thanks for your post, will try that later :)

About the answer to .cia: I also plan to make an app that runs on the booted console (e.g. lumaupdater) and this one then were able to be packed/compiled as a .cia right?
    So if you know how the packaging works, it would be great, if you could tell me how that works.
    Thanks in advice!

4. kittensauce

kittensauce Got a spare screen?

Mar 22, 2016
    United States
    Sorry, I'm not quite sure how packaging works - I think it's something with RSF and ELF files, the RSF file being the CIA information and the ELF being the CIA code. But yes, a CIA would be the file type for a program to be installed and run on a console after it boots to the Home Menu.