Competition: Which Video Game Character Would Make the Best Father

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAZA

Shaun's Mum
Trophies
XP
I would have to say darth vader, without a doubt, being part of the video game cross over his whole life is reflected in movie and the same in video games, so the storyline is constant, he may have done some bad things in his time, killed the odd person here and there, destroyed galaxies and races, but he made up for it in the end!! go darth daddy!

darth-vader1.jpg

i mean come on, who wouldnt want him as a daddy figure??? you would never get picked on and anything taken from you!

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Definatly Maxwell from scribblenauts!! I mean who wouldn't want him as a dad! He could summon ANYTHING for you! i mean say you needed a car, he would spawn you a fighterjet just for the hell of it! I mean he can litterly do anything! Maxwell is the the best dad just because he can summon and use anything, so your life is covered. Say you died in a car accident, he could proberly revive you with a screw driver thats somehow blessed by god or something. Or say that some person is bullying you at school, your dad, maxwell could summon death to deal with him
wink.gif
Another scenario is that say you needed a prom date, your dad, maxwell could summon a hooker for you
happy.gif

EDIT: Fine no hooker, but he could summon a love potion so you could make your crush love you
wink.gif

30c10g2.jpg

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
zeromac said:
Definatly Maxwell from scribblenauts!! I mean who wouldn't want him as a dad! He could summon ANYTHING for you! i mean say you needed a car, he would spawn you a fighterjet just for the hell of it! I mean he can litterly do anything! Maxwell is the the best dad just because he can summon and use anything, so your life is covered. Say you died in a car accident, he could proberly revive you with a screw driver thats somehow blessed by god or something. Or say that some person is bullying you at school, your dad, maxwell could summon death to deal with him
wink.gif
Another scenario is that say you needed a prom date, your dad, maxwell could summon a hooker for you
happy.gif

30c10g2.jpg

He can only write child-friendly words, so no hooker
smileipb2.png

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... I don't have many posts at all, but I've been a lurker here at GBAtemp for quite a while. It's fine if my entry is not counted, but I'd like to nominate a character anyway:

dyne.jpg

Captain Dyne, from Skies of Arcadia

"Cool and self-possessed captain of the "Albatross." He is also the head of the Blue Rogues, who makes the Pirate Isle as his base, and is also Vyse's father. He is trusted by his crew, as he also takes the role as the mayor of the island."

Obviously, Dyne makes for a great father because he already is one in the game he's in, and he plays the role of a strong, supportive father there. Dyne raised his son Vyse to be a great Air Pirate like himself, and taught him what it means to be a true leader. For me, when I think of a father figure from video games, Captain Dyne is the first character which comes to mind!

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
lord_hammet.png
lord_hammet-1.gif

Lord Hammet, from Golden Sun
Lord Hammet is a wealthy merchant who raised Ivan when he was a child. When Sol Sanctum erupted, he fled from Vault, only to find a broken bridge. He had no choice but to head north to Lunpa, where he gets kidnapped by Dodonpa.

Lord Hammet is not Ivan's biological father but i think he would be an awesome dad
firstly because he was a leader of a town and he would be a good, wealthy, knowledgeable person with good connections and could probably help out Ivan with his abilities

second because he is from golden sun! and that is just pure awesomeness!!

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd definitely say the Apollo Justice, Pheonix Wright. He takes care of Trucy but is a great father figure and I guess supportive.

R1C3 N1NJA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd have to say GOKU! im preety sure some one has said him already but that would bee soo awesome! your father being goku! likee if the son was getting picked on by some bully then BAM! goku comes and beats the living pulp outta th kid then be like spirit bomb on his house! xD who needs driving to school when you can be flying! Pluuss if goku was your father you can also have the traits of being a SUPER SAIYAN!! bwuahahaa! but hten again he alwayss dies lol but hes still buff >:)

goku_ssj.jpg

ROOAR xD
grog.gif
cheers! what a fun competition haha

kristymb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very nice competition. I too think it is awesome that you are rewarding the True members! I will get there some day. I am a big fan of the site, just not a big poster. Good luck to you all.

ninjyas

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Solid Snake! On the kids 15th birthday there wouldn't be no asking for a moped or anything like that! He'd get a knife and thrown out in the jungle, if the kid dies he'd just get a new and tell him what an idiot the first one was
tongue.gif
That's how you make men out of boys, lol.

Edit: Aww, seems I am not eligible for the competition ;_;

teapea

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dry Bones

'Nuff said - although it's probably a bit too descriptive especially as I'm older and my dad has been buried for a few years...

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm gonna have to say Master Chief

masterchief.jpg

When I first heard that Microsoft was going to make a games console, I never really thought much of it. I thought they'd make it too similar to windows and it wouldn't be able to compete with Sony. I never thought I'd choose an Xbox over a PS2 but I did, Halo: Combat evolved was the first game I played on my xbox and one of the reasons why I'm so into first person shooters today (I never really was much of a fan before that). Also, he's really badass so who wouldn't want a father figure like that, also they never reveal his face so I suppose that's so that people can put whoever they want behind the helmet.

He's not a father figure in the sense that I'd want him to be my dad, but I suppose he's the reason that a lot of people turned to microsoft as a games console alternative and certainly introduced me to it, so all I can say is Happy Fathers Day Spartan 117!
toot.gif

R1C3 N1NJA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^what if masters chiefs son came out like black O.o or asian? xD wouldn't see that comming lol not being racist or anything lol it would be funny though^^

ediblebird

Trophies
XP
Country
King of All Cosmos, from Katamari.

because he is the king of all cosmos, he can get away with wearing tights.

And he also speaks a special brand of gibberish. Always good for a laugh.

Curley5959

CCC Member!
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
I know theres already a Goku, but Im gonna have to go with him.. As soon as I saw the title, I knew I would want Goku as my father..

Goku is just plain awesome.. Hes so nice, friendly, generous and is always there to lend a hand. Having Goku around, you wouldnt have to fear anyone. Not just because of his super strength, but because he is so courageous, gentle and even in a tough situation has a great sense of humour.

Having Goku as my dad would be really, really cool.. Having that watchful eye on you all the time would be great.. Spending so much time training with him would be the best along with the fact that you could fight alongside him in battle.

Turning super saiyan is just an added bonus, and having incredible strength is just the icing on the cake. But thats not the reason why I would want him as my father..

As I said above, all of these traits are the best and would make a great fatherly figure: handsome, gentle, polite, courageous, strong and, uhh I dont know.. I cant describe it..

Having someone so friendly around me would influence me greatly.. I can imagine how much time I would spend with him, training and just having fun..

Just imagine a enormously strong opponent appears from nowhere.. No-one can beat him so you and Goku go into the hyperbolic time chamber for 2 years.. How much fun would you have? Well I can tell you, it would be plain awesome.. Training, talking, playing and just having so much fun with him would be great. I must say Goku would be the best father to have.. He is the kindest father I can think of..

images

The best father figure to have around would be Goku, the friendly super saiyan..

KeitaroBaka

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I may not have 100 posts but i'd like to participate. I'm a member since long (Nov 2005) but not posting much, as I use the search button a lot to solve my problems. I hope to not be pushed out of this contest

The best father for me would be Pey'j from Beyond good and Evil.

Why ? He cares about everyone, and about human rights : He's the headmaster of the revolution of Hyllis and tends an orphenage with Jade. And finaly he can kick your ass wih it's fart boots and his Claw Hammer !

Gullwing

homo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I would choose... Pikachu... He would be like all cute and Pika Pika to his children
happy.gif

The_Pikachu_Mom_by_Dogsfather.jpg

The picture shows a mother Pikachu but doesn't matter...
Well Pika's strong, kind, friendly, brave and cute... That's all

1337Nemo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Banjo (from Banjo Kazooie).

He can take care of Kazooie and carry her around all the time.. he would be a awesome father with a little baby in a front-bag.
biggrin.gif
Of course he can't do any more games, but Nuts and Bolts wasnt that good
wink.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dr. Thomas Light
(or Right if you're from Japan)​
from the MegaMan/RockMan Series

10586-drlight_super.jpg

He's a loving and caring father to Megaman and Roll, his robotic "children". He also has got an awesome beard, and we all know that an awesome father needs an awesome beard.
Also, he can give you a MegaBuster! And what's better for a son than blasting bullies with high energy plasma bullets? No more bullism thanks to Dr. Light
yaypsp.gif

Luckily thanks to MegaMan 9 he's long from getting forgotten, and in MegaMan X he's more awesomer than ever following his child in the future thanks to sentient capsules and making him awesome birthday presents like dashing upgrade shoes!
Dr. Light never lets you down and follows you thru your entire (probably eternal, since you'd be robotic) life!
yay.gif

Never get bored with Dr. Light, fighting the Evil Dr. Wily all the day, and always winning!

You know Dr. Light is your choice... GET YOUR DR. LIGHT TODAY!
gbasp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol