ROM Hack Compatibilty problems with Rudolph and the others Roms...

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gigermunit said:
ive actually never had the problem your speaking of dude :/ im still using my save from when i first used rudolph.
i think the whole point of this is if a Rudolph Patched roms save file doesn't work on a clean untrimmed rom then you wont be able to transfer any of your saves to the US/EUR versions when they come out so all the hard work you do in the japanese version will be for nothing once they come out next year.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
When I first read the title and the first post I thought people using Rudolf's patch could not connect (trade, battle, etc) with original games or roms that don't have the patch applied.

Meh, I'm still waiting for the english release. : /

NaokiKitsuhine

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No one verified if the save problem is related in the file size of the save?
I'm using 8MB save(because I don't have a 1MB sabe) and never have problem with save...
Anyone verified this?

s3k7i0n8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh sorry guess I read you wrong. Try this take your save from the rudolph patch and open it in pokesav now save it and open it on a clean ROM

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TFDELTA said:
yes! Finally someone understands me, try to use your rudolph+english3.0 (Raquib's patch) savegame on a CLEAR, UNTRIMMED, ORIGINAL rom...

I just went through all the trouble of trying this...and it worked, and it was a CLEAN ROM.

just for the note im using a flashcard.

but i mean why would you want to. I mean Rudolph fixes the AP in it, and Raquib's patch well basically gives you English, so why on earth would you want to play on a clean rom?

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TFDELTA said:
Rudolph+English 3.0= IPGJ b4d8ab2f
Original Soul Silver ID= IPGJ 7387ac7f
Rudolph (without traductions)= IPGJ 7387ac7f

Yes, you think: "The clear rom and rudolph's has the similar Game ID, but the people who are playing with the raqib's patch (rudolph+english) only CAN play the rom with roms who has RUDOLPH applied!!
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

Consecuently, we can't play our savegame in others patches and we are "chained" to Rudolph =(

But I CAN use my savegame with Rudolph Patch + English 3.5 on an original, clear, untrimmed, HGSS Rom!
I'm using M3 DS Real, if that helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr