Hacking Compatibility with the Trainer Toolkit

hawkeye2777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I want to get the Acekard 2 for my DS. After mass searching, I have decided on this card. However, that searching (both Google and this site) did not provide any information regarding compatibility with the Trainer Toolkit.

So simply, all I'm asking for is a simple confirmation on if Datel's Trainer Toolkit will work with the AK2 using kenobi's Trainer Toolkit rom patcher. I do not want to get the card if it doesn't work with the Trainer Toolkit, as part of my whole reason for getting a flashcard in the first place is so I can hack games with it.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i honestly have never heard of that, and before i use google, what is it? if it simply alters the rom image in some way then you only need to give the rom a valid header to have it work on the acekard. you can use ndstools to do this. c:> ndstool -f file.nds.

-another world

hawkeye2777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I wouldn't be able to describe it myself, here's an excerpt from the readme which describes the program:

QUOTE said:
This tool allows you to inject a "program" in the Trainer Toolkit. It will patch the rom for that purpose (compress the start of the ARM7, insert the "program" and the decompressing/patching routines). It'll also create a hook in the ARM7 executable, so the "program" gets executed hundreds of times per seconds.

The "program" you're injecting can be anything (custom made code handler, communication... Must be ARM, and end with a bx lr), but it can also be the Trainer Toolkit executable. It must be named "TT.bin", and placed inside the executable folder.
Basically, as I understand it, it simply inserts the hooks for the Trainer Toolkit into the rom. If you know if the AK2 disables the DS's ARM7 GBA access, then I'll know that the Trainer Toolkit won't work with the AK2.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
hawkeye2777 said:
Since I wouldn't be able to describe it myself, here's an excerpt from the readme which describes the program:

QUOTE said:
This tool allows you to inject a "program" in the Trainer Toolkit. It will patch the rom for that purpose (compress the start of the ARM7, insert the "program" and the decompressing/patching routines). It'll also create a hook in the ARM7 executable, so the "program" gets executed hundreds of times per seconds.

The "program" you're injecting can be anything (custom made code handler, communication... Must be ARM, and end with a bx lr), but it can also be the Trainer Toolkit executable. It must be named "TT.bin", and placed inside the executable folder.
Basically, as I understand it, it simply inserts the hooks for the Trainer Toolkit into the rom. If you know if the AK2 disables the DS's ARM7 GBA access, then I'll know that the Trainer Toolkit won't work with the AK2.

There is no reason to disable the GBA slot on the arm7 so of course it will work. But there might be a problem with the compressed arm7, If i remember correctly that was replaced in a newer version of the game with something else so it should work fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free