Compatibility of SuperCard Lite & Kingston microSD

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by AznKenshin, Nov 30, 2006.

1. AznKenshin
    OP

Newcomer AznKenshin Member

United States
    Hey guys just a simple question.

I might be worrying too much over a simple thing but I was just wondering how a Kingston 1GB microSD card works with an SCL. I've looked at gbatemp's review of it and I couldn't find the compatibility test with a Kingston.

I'm basically just looking for something that's a cheap alternative to SanDisk 1GB or even SanDisk Ultra II 1GB. I'd try PNY microSD but I am not 100% familiar with formatting external drives.

So yeah if anyone has one please comment if it works perfectly or experience anything bothersome (like lag)!

(If you have an SCL Rumble it would be even better, because I plan to get one [​IMG] )

2. Hanafuda

Member Hanafuda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I think if there was a problem using Kingston microSD with the SClite we'd have heard about it by now. I looked at newegg's prices and the Kingston 1GB vs. the std. Sandisk 1GB is only an $8 difference. Sure, that's a couple cheeseburgers, but it's not like the Sandisk is that expensive in comparison. And BTW the std. Sandisk works fine ... I've got one in my SCLite and my teenager's got the UltraII in his SCLite, and we don't see any differences.

3. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    I always use kingston microsd with supercard lite and supercard lite rumble, zero problems [​IMG]

4. charlie1212

Newcomer charlie1212 Member

Canada
    I also use Kingston MicroSD with my SCL and no problems at all. No need to pay extra bucks for ultra fast card. Your basic microsd card will do the job just fine.

5. Szyslak

Member Szyslak Nudibranch Lover

United States
    The AData 1G card is $30 at newegg. It has better access times. Either one is going to work without slowdowns on the SC Lite series.

6. sidneyyoung

Member sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bermuda
    I know the majoity prefer Sandisk, but I now would only consider getting kingston from my experiences.. kingston mem cards in my experience could survive a nuclear blast, without going wrong. I have one that is held together with black insulating tape after an accident where it got almost bent in half and I tried to 'fix' it.... the mem card still works faultlessly!!! as has done for the past 8 months since the incident.

7. AznKenshin
    OP

Newcomer AznKenshin Member

United States
    So how's a PNY microSD on an SCL or SCLR?