Hacking Comparison of 3DS Flash Carts/Features - ON HIATUS (9/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Let's hope R4i indeed comes out with something of their own. That way everybody wins, since there is real competition. If instead they up stealing from gateway again, they should be boycotted since it will be bad for the state of development of 3DS flashcard software.

D

Deleted User

I emailed the r4i team earlier today, just got a reply back.

Our firmware 3.0 is in final testing...As you might know that GW V2.0 beta is pretty dangerous / unstable at the moment, that's why we need more time to make sure our firmware more stable and useful to our clients.

Translation: We need more time to copy GW V2.0

detroitwillfall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i want to play 3ds games and also ds games on the 3ds.

would the newest gw3ds and a SCDS2 be a good choice over the provided ds card that comes with the gw3ds?

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, off-topic a bit, but I'm considering buying the Gateway instead now. I can order it for $75 and free shipping, but if I order the R4 I can get express shipping. The company ships from New York, and I live in Richmond, Virginia (About 300 Miles). How long do you guys think it will take for the Gateway to come with free shipping? I want it to come next week (And no more than that!), so if it can't I'll probably buy the R4 with FedEx or something with 2-4 days shipping. The standard free shipping says it will take 7-20 days, but it couldn't take that long considering how close I am, right?

I'm ordering from dwtechz by the way, just in case someone got theirs from these guys beforehand.

Thanks!

cateater1

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, off-topic a bit, but I'm considering buying the Gateway instead now. I can order it for $75 and free shipping, but if I order the R4 I can get express shipping. The company ships from New York, and I live in Richmond, Virginia (About 300 Miles). How long do you guys think it will take for the Gateway to come with free shipping? I want it to come next week (And no more than that!), so if it can't I'll probably buy the R4 with FedEx or something with 2-4 days shipping. The standard free shipping says it will take 7-20 days, but it couldn't take that long considering how close I am, right?

I'm ordering from dwtechz by the way, just in case someone got theirs from these guys beforehand.

Thanks!

Amber lamps posted a thread about dwtechz and gateway cards a couple of days ago, have a search. What about nds-card.com with dhl shipping? you'd get it within a week if your budget could stretch.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Amber lamps posted a thread about dwtechz and gateway cards a couple of days ago, have a search.

I see that he (she?) received his (her?) cards, just broken. That makes be want to purchase the R4 card more and more, as I'm willing to wait for Pokemon support a bit longer, cause I'll have a ton of other games to play in the mean time, and I hate Animal Crossing. I think I'll order an R4 card from them, and grab fast shipping. I haven't heard a single "My R4 card came broken!" claim yet, so it sounds like a good idea.

And R4's been around a long time in the DS scene, supporting their products for the long run. I'll bet they'll keep supporting this product for a little while.

What about nds-card.com with dhl shipping? you'd get it within a week if your budget could stretch.

Not buying from China, last time I did that it got lost in the mail.

ginryu

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I see that he (she?) received his (her?) cards, just broken. That makes be want to purchase the R4 card more and more, as I'm willing to wait for Pokemon support a bit longer, cause I'll have a ton of other games to play in the mean time, and I hate Animal Crossing. I think I'll order an R4 card from them, and grab fast shipping. I haven't heard a single "My R4 card came broken!" claim yet, so it sounds like a good idea.

And R4's been around a long time in the DS scene, supporting their products for the long run. I'll bet they'll keep supporting this product for a little while.

Well the first R4i that pong received was broken. Today i just received my gateway and is working like a charm!

landmasta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Any idea when R4i 3DS Deluxe FW 3.0 will be released? I'm pretty tired of the waiting game, gotta play Pokemon Y soon and I need that emunand to touch it.

logon

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Any idea when R4i 3DS Deluxe FW 3.0 will be released? I'm pretty tired of the waiting game, gotta play Pokemon Y soon and I need that emunand to touch it.
You don't need a gateway to use the emunand from gateway
You can just put the launcher on your sd

cateater1

Trophies
XP
Country

glad i could help.

landmasta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
You don't need a gateway to use the emunand from gateway
You can just put the launcher on your sd

Oh. Well it became a moot point anyway, cause shortly after I bought the Gateway. But I can use emunand before it arrives, you say?

Oh, I see. I misunderstood your post.

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Gateway 3DS and I'll probably get a second one since they have more progress than R4i and also their card is getting cheaper; it went from 108USD to 77USD in my country since I bought mine.

Awesome when I get Super Mario 3D World do want to tagteam the game together bro :)

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I just ordered an R4 Gold Deluxe! I ordered from DWTechz, and I had a slight misunderstanding when ordering, but I sent an E-Mail to them and got a response literally a minute later, re-assuring my order status. I ordered it with express shipping, so it should come either this Monday or Tuesday! I'll finally be a part of the 3DS homebrew scene!

Hopefully this terrible winter weather that's coming tomorrow won't mess with my shipment...

andytr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ive just ordered 3 r4i 3ds deluxe from digimartz.
im in the uk and they were down as authorised sellers on r4 website so I went with them.

I had trouble paying tho- they had to send me a paypal link via email.

fingers crossed they are legit

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
ive just ordered 3 r4i 3ds deluxe from digimartz.
im in the uk and they were down as authorised sellers on r4 website so I went with them.

I had trouble paying tho- they had to send me a paypal link via email.

fingers crossed they are legit

Paypal hates people buying Flashcards with their money, and will ban accounts that sell Flashcards, that's why they had to be a bit secretive. It's all normal.

iviv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, I stopped checking here for news about flash cards almost a year ago now, decide to check back just in case there has been any progress, only to find out that two have now been released? A lot happens in a year!

Digging through all the info, I'm still on the fence about which card to get. Going to wait for the new firmware update to hit and see how the two of them react. I'm also a little worried about buying in relatively early, only to have the methods the cards use getting completely blocked out. I'd rather wait a little while to be sure that there's nothing Nintendo can do to block them from working. Especially regarding this whole NAND thing which would allow playing 3ds games which require the latest firmware using backuped versions of the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: