MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
original.jpg

Kotaku has made a image comparing the size of the 3DS XL with other devices like the PS Vita, etc. Is the 3DS XL the revision you where waiting for?
Click on the Image to see it at full size

Reactions: 1 person

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I can see why they dropped the charger in Japan.

It is launching for ¥18,900.

DSi XL launched for ¥20,000.

Still, the size is rather consistent and the upper screen is bigger.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
ah... August... then next month is the Bluray release of Avengers 3D... portable 3D movies is awesome.

^_^
3DS or something else ? Cause 3DS only does a shit awful 20 FPS, I would pay a hundred bucks to unlock a higher framerate.
well, i don't have other glassless 3D smartphones so... yes, 3DS. and framerate is not the only flaw it has, bloated filesizes for one. but as long as my source videos are bluray quality, the end result turns up crystal and not so grainy. of course, the magnitude of the 3D effects diminish because of the downsizing, and also depending on how "3D" the source itself is.

also, i still think 3DS movie carts are the way to go here. Nintendo still doesn't get that though. it's a one off thing, but it's awesome in my opinion.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
ah... August... then next month is the Bluray release of Avengers 3D... portable 3D movies is awesome.

^_^
3DS or something else ? Cause 3DS only does a shit awful 20 FPS, I would pay a hundred bucks to unlock a higher framerate.

the 20fps is nothing to do with the technical capabilities of the 3DS, it's down to Nintendo's software. The video player is not intended to playback 'real' videos, just those created with the 3DS camera, which is a lossy, hardly compressed format designed to save quickly.
If Nintendo, or any 3rd party (with permission of Nintendo of course) wanted, they could easily create a 3D movie player capable of a higher frame rate and better compression.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
what i like about the 3DS XL
is it looks like they have gone back to the old bumpers like the ones they used on DS Phat
they work the best in my opinion

looking forward to getting mine
BIG ASS SCREEN
cant wait to see the 3D in games

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country

^_^

the 20fps is nothing to do with the technical capabilities of the 3DS, it's down to Nintendo's software. The video player is not intended to playback 'real' videos, just those created with the 3DS camera, which is a lossy, hardly compressed format designed to save quickly.
If Nintendo, or any 3rd party (with permission of Nintendo of course) wanted, they could easily create a 3D movie player capable of a higher frame rate and better compression.
Nintendo Video is a good example. It can generate pixel perfect videos at good framerates for 3 minutes and it would 30mb to 45mb. converted mjpeg produces the same at around 100mb.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

^_^

Yeah man I know, and I do appreciate your efforts figuring it out before anyone else (as far as I can tell) but FUCKIN NINTENDO, god damn it full length movies was a 3DS feature I've been waiting for since Netflix was announced for 3DS (Well OF COURSE they will sell 3D movies, WHY WOULDN'T THEY ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?) But no. Apparently this is an insurmountable problem for Nintendo for some unfathomable reason. Someone NEEDS to start a reward fund to donate to successful hackers so we can bust through the bullshit.

I know there are some lame excuses to justify piracy, but damn it I was more than willing to pay to rent/own full length movies, this is a genuinely good reason to hack the 3DS.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well it is huge when opened up, but doesn't really look that big when folded. Still it isn't as portable as I'd want, but then again, I don't play that much outside of my house. Only thing that makes me wonder is whether the 3D effect will be more messed up when moving compared to the already problematic 3DS (grr that trembling effect of busses!)..

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm going to buy the XL eventually, not now.

The big screens are just sucking me in. A person who used to have a DSi XL but sold it for a 3DS would know what I mean.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I may take a shower to remove all the sunburns in my body