Feels Good Man

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Or at least I think it is. Im almost positive it though.

It makes my computer boot up in like 10 minutes. It's kind of annoying after a while. Anyone know why it's doing this and how to fix it?

It might also be Avast's fault. Not sure. I installed both of them right after the other.

Anyway yea. Anyone know a fix?

Commander

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I never had any problems with Comodo Firewall on my Windows XP x64 setup, try google searching I am sure some other people have had similar problems.
Or change to another firewall, such as ZoneAlarm Free.

You don't even really need a firewall, they only protect you from other people on your network.

Feels Good Man

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Okay so I uninstalled both and switched to AVG and Zone Alarm. Before installing those two, Windows booted up REALLY fast. When I installed AVG, it boot up pretty fast as well. But when I installed Zone Alarm, it just booted up really slow again. Just about the same boot time as when I used COMODO. Anyone know why? Does it check for updates each time it starts or like scans something?

Yea >__

dogman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
um, have you checked if you have any other software trying to connect to internet at startup?
Hamachi and vmware have their own network adapters, and this may cripple your firewall if you havent set up the rules for them.

Also, if you have any software that tries to connect but isnt allowed to, it could be that it has a 10 minute timeout period if its unable to connect (given that any firewall breaks your windows xp).

Also, these people are right, you dont need a firewall nor an antivirus as long as you, the user, knows whats on your computer. When I had a firewall, it only worked to alert me if I wanted any software to connect (do you wish firefox to connect? uh, yeah) but I never received attacks or anything like that. And my antivirus only complained when other people used their infected usb drives on my computer...

Download from reliable sources that assure you what you download, and try to use free software.

And yeah, zonealarm is a joke, really.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou