Community Season 5

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by ShadowSoldier, Dec 11, 2013.

1. ShadowSoldier
    OP

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    I figured this was somewhat good enough to warrant it's own thread.

Community Season 5 looks to be the season that Season 4 should have been. It looks to erase Season 4 from history, which lets be honest, was definitely not up to Community standards.

Dan Harmon, the creator/showrunner for the show who did seasons 1-3 will be returning. And it looks like he's working the script to repair the damage that Season 4 caused.

six seasons and a movie!

2. FireEmblemGuy

FireEmblemGuy Celebrating a decade of shitposting

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    Honestly I don't think the last season was as bad as everyone claims it was, and this doesn't look to be undoing anything, just rolling with it.

3. soulx

soulx GBAtemp Legend

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    Actually finally got around to watching Season 4 and ended up enjoying it a lot, it gets a lot of unwarranted hate. Started off kind of slow (the hunger deans, inspector spacetime convention) but got right back to the Community I know and love. I'd say it's just as good as the previous seasons.

4. gokujr1000

gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 10, 2008
    Gallifrey

The only people who hated Season 4 are the people who are apart of the Dan Harmon circle jerk. Season 4 wasn't great but neither was Season 3 and even then both Season 3 and 4 combined are better than half of the bullshit sitcoms that get renewed every year. And I agree with you on your last point. Season 5 looks like it's rolling with the ending of Season 4 and using the ending to it's advantage by giving the show a mini-reboot so that new people can tune into Community and not be confused.

5. ShadowSoldier
    OP

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    The only dumb thing of Season 3 was the multiple timeline things. That and the ending didn't have a paintball episode, instead it was a boring court episode.

6. gokujr1000

Oct 10, 2008
    Gallifrey

I didn't really mind any of that. The multiple timeline concept was kinda cool and having no paintball was good because nothing could beat the first paintball event anyway. I enjoyed Season 3 but compared to Season 1 and 2 it didn't really have much to it, at least in my opinion.

7. Gourmet-Hunter-C

Gourmet-Hunter-C Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2013
    I'm diggin that they didn't just forget that season 4 happened

8. gokujr1000

Oct 10, 2008
    Gallifrey

I am too. It shows a sign of respect to everyone involved with the show while Dan Harmon was absent.

Gourmet-Hunter-C likes this.