Community On Hiatus

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by Gahars, Nov 15, 2011.

Nov 15, 2011

Community On Hiatus by Gahars at 11:35 PM (690 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Gahars
    OP

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Sad news for lovers of quality television everywhere: NBC has just pulled Community from its midseason line up, putting it on hiatus.

Source: AV Club

While it has been confirmed that, at the very least, the entire third season will be filmed and aired, nothing is assured beyond that. This season may very well be the last we got from this show.

Personally, I love this show. It's one of those rare pieces of entertainment that manages to be both hysterical and affecting. The writing is exceptionally, and I can say without fear of hyperbole that it has one of the greatest casts in the history of television.

So I have two messages. Other fans, go out and support this show anyway you can. Sites like this are certainly a start, and if you haven't already, go out and buy the dvds. Non fans, definitely give this show a shot (If you do own it, they make great gifts). It relies a lot on continuity (recurring jokes and character relationships), so you will definitely want to start from the beginning. Go check it out (anyway you can) and show your support; this show needs all the love it can get.

/serious

Come on, this show deserves six seasons and a movie at the very least!

2. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    Oh they better not cancel Community. It's one of my favourite shows.

2 people like this.
  3. smile72

Member smile72 NewsBot

Japan
    Nooooo, hopefully it won't get cancelled.

1 person likes this.
  4. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Saw this news last week.
    Chang "hey Winger, going home alone tonight? GUAY!"
    Thats what i think. This show is gold!
    NBC says ratings are low and Community doesnt follow conventional sitcom methods.
    SO?? Thats why its a great show, they toss conventional out the window. They have an episode where the try out 6 different timelines, a DnD episode, and PAINTBALLLLLL

Please bring it back NBC, you suck at everything else, at least you could grace us with one good show.

Back to watching Whitney
    /Sarcasm, that shit sucks/

5. junkerde

Banned junkerde Banned

United States
    community is actually pretty funny, dont know why it would have low ratings.

6. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    :(. Feel sad now. Need blu-ray release, preferable region free as well. It's 2011, dvd release only when they are filmed in HD is pathetic.

7. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    For some reason no one watches it. It gets high reviews and stuff but I guess everyone is too busy whacking off on Thursday nights.

Everything that keeps me sane during the week is going off air. Walking Dead hiatus until February, an unannounced hiatus for this till god knows when, next thing you know Dexter will get cancelled and Yahtzee Croshaw will die in a tragic car accident with Doug Walker. Then I'll just jump out a window or something.

8. Gahars
    OP

United States
    I think I will be able to keep my cool... unless the guys from RedLetterMedia die in a sudden house fire (the Plinkett reviews take long enough as it is).

As for why no one is watching it, I think it is because the show is too smart. It's very demanding in the sense that in order for the show to work, you need to start from the beginning and understand the complex relationships between the characters. Once you do, it's incredibly rewarding, but for many people it is too much of a committment; they would rather stick with simple fare like Two and a Half Men or the Big Bang Theory instead.

9. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    its on the same exact time as the TBBT

1 person likes this.
  10. BORTZ

United States
    whose up for sending 500,000 paintballs to NBC and demanding more Comunity.

Come on, at least have them finish college haha

Oh yeah. thats a good reason.

Also someone should change the title to "Community on sabbatical" ha
    I guess i just find Community more refreshing and funny, so i catch BBT on the next morning from CBS online.

2 people like this.
  11. Gahars
    OP

United States
    Alright, there's been a bit of an update (kind of).

A writer for the AV Club, the same website that I linked to before, has just posted an article saying that Community will likely get another season despite the shuffling of the schedule. Say what?

Definitely read it; while I don't want to get my hopes up just yet, he makes a pretty sound argument for the likelihood of more Community.

Hope for the best.

12. BORTZ

United States
    ^ Crosses fingers and waits in a corner.

OK MAJOR UPDATE
    There was a new episode last night. Wth.