[Coming Soon] C.O.R.E. New DS FPS

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Hadrian, Jun 28, 2007.

Jun 28, 2007
  1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    When I first saw what the DS could do I thought it would be perfect for the FPS genre, sadly not a lot came out Metroid Prime Hunters played very well for a frist person game and GoldenEye, despite being crap did play alright. There is the very promising horror FPS Dementium: The Ward but thats it...until now.

C.O.R.E
    Set in the year 2050, players take on the role of a U.S. Marine exploring an underground laboratory. The complex was built to research the effects of a meteor that crashed years prior, and the Marine has some gruesome discoveries in store for him. NoWay says the game will be set to "heavy" music.

"We like to think that C.O.R.E. is a classic FPS game which we took to the next level," says Lukasz Zarnowiecki, team leader at NoWay Studio Zarnowiecki says his team is implementing advanced graphics solutions into C.O.R.E. and utilizing the unique features of the DS. "Furthermore, a number of multiplayer modes offered will satisfy picky hardcore gamers."

C.O.R.E. is on track to be finished by the end of the year
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Looks promising and we gotta hope for WFC too! Lets hope its not like GoldenEye Rogue Agent.

2. brn

Member brn GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    so when is soon?

I just hope it'll be polished enough, it's all about the polish! Most non-nintendo/square-releases tend to be rushed out shit.

3. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    No date was given, just end of year.

4. TheStump

Member TheStump Got Wood?

Australia
    hmm, defiantly looks to have potential.
    but yes, as long as its polished it should be good.
    I must say, Brothers in Arms was defiantly a success. There was alot going on and no real slowdowns.
    Also the screens really do no justice for a GFX heavy ds game. They always look better in motion on the DS. Screen shot always take away some quality of DS games (GFX heavy) for some reason.

Reminds me of Dead n Furious/Touch the dead.

5. brn

Sweden
    Sounds like they've got a lot of time to POLISH then [​IMG]

6. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yeah from the look of the screens they've got the graphics down right for the DS so lets hope it gets some bugs out and polished up for when it gets released.

Same for Dementium: The Ward.

7. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    its just because 3D games don't have 100% control over every single pixel, especially on the DS when there is rarely any anti-aliasing, and textures look like they were scribbled up in 5 minutes.

but good 3D screenshots are ofcourse possible, I think Metroid prime hunters had some nice looking screenshots...

8. CatScam

Member CatScam ScamaRama!

United States
    Looks nice, & it seems to have a very PC look to it. After Brothers in Arms’ success the future of FPS on the DS is looking promising.

9. cheapassdave

Member cheapassdave GBAtemp Regular

United States
    looks great...but im still skeptical

10. Albertoil

Newcomer Albertoil Advanced Member

United States
    I'll be waiting for this game [​IMG]

11. Kelli

Newcomer Kelli Member

Finland
    Brothers in arms was success? Not even close. It was simply horrible. The gameplay was the worst i have ever seen and graphics were decent. And framerate hurted my eyes.

I am still waiting a decent fps to the ds. (Metroid was good, but i didn't like the theme.)

12. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    Thats your opinion, IMO Brothers In Arms is a huge success. The only thing I can think of that would have made it better are more levels and Wi-Fi then it would have been the greatest DS FPS.

13. brn

Sweden
    only it's not an FPS, it's a Gears of Wars-rip-me-do. Great game indeed, but MP:H pretty much tops it in every single point. Here's hoping for a sequel to be shown at this years E3.

14. cheeo

Newcomer cheeo Advanced Member

United States
    You’re insane! Brothers in Arms is ground breaking for the DS. Go back to playing your RPG’s, FPS are for big boys. [​IMG]

15. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    Now, now. Easy guys.
    Let's best rant agains the PSP, I mean, that console has some terrible controls but has more FPSs. Irony? that's the name of the game.

Edit: pd I.M.S.I.C.K.O.F.A.L.L.T.H.I.S.N.A.M.E.S.