OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm reading Batman Hush and RED HULK right now anyone else reading comics ?

4tk9dw.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spider-Man & Black Cat: The Evil That Men Do and Hulk: Big Things are the ones I'm on and I have Batman: Bruce Wayne, Murderer? & X-Men: Dark Phoenix Saga to go onto next.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Just re-read Global Frequency issues um... some random issues I found scattered around. That and some Cable and Deadpool back issues.

Oh and Batman: Hush is great. (I only have the compiled Absolute book though.)

I always re-read stuff whenever I go through um.. stuff in my room. Especially now since I'm buying a new bed.
(Haven't bought any comics lately though.)

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nothing right now... it's been a while since I've read my last comic/graphic novel. I think the last complete series I've read is The Sandman, and the last stand-alone is Maus. Great, great novel.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
The new Hulk series is awful. The characterizations are completely wrong, and the dialogue comes off like some sort of parody. The only redeeming factor of the book is the art. Unfortunately the things I've just noted are common when it comes to Jeph Loeb, for he is a hack. He writes in a style reminiscent of the comics of the 90s; considered by most to be the worst era of comics to date. Much like Chris Claremont his style has long been washed away by better writers and everything he touches comes across like a man having a mid-life crisis trying to recapture his youth.

That's not to say he hasn't written some strong comics in the past; Batman: Long Halloween and Dark Victory were absolutely fantastic, but everything he's touched as of late has been awful at best and a bastardization at worst. The man needs to retire, and soon.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Not reading any comics lately, but I'll probably pick up a few next time I go to Books-A-Million.

I'm reading some furry fics (as scuber calls them lol), Mattimeo...and I'm going to start on Warrior (about cats lol) once I'm done with it.

Mattimeo is a good book. Not as good as the original Redwall, but it's still cool to see Matthias grown up...

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
That's not to say he hasn't written some strong comics in the past; Batman: Long Halloween and Dark Victory were absolutely fantastic, but everything he's touched as of late has been awful at best and a bastardization at worst. The man needs to retire, and soon.

Hush wasn't bad in my opinion. But of course I'm not a really big comics buff.
ohmy.gif

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

Hush wasn't bad in my opinion. But of course I'm not a really big comics buff.
ohmy.gif
That's true, Hush wasn't bad. I'd be willing to say the man can write Batman, but that's the only compliment he'll ever get from me.
tongue.gif

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You guys ever heard of Jhonen Vasquez? If you haven't you've probably seen Invader Zim, his art style is pretty sweet. I love his stuff - even have a signed, first edition hardcover of the JTHM Director's Cut.

Anyway - I'm trying to find the Fillerbunny comics around here. He is the king of dark comedy.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
You guys ever heard of Jhonen Vasquez? If you haven't you've probably seen Invader Zim, his art style is pretty sweet. I love his stuff - even have a signed, first edition hardcover of the JTHM Director's Cut.

Anyway - I'm trying to find the Fillerbunny comics around here. He is the king of dark comedy.
Aye. I have a couple of SLG stuff including JTHM and Fillerbunny.
biggrin.gif
I even gave away a couple of copies of Everything Can Be Beaten as gifts. (They're cheap haha!)

Also: ZIM!

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
You guys ever heard of Jhonen Vasquez?
Bit hit-and-miss; Invader Zim had me in stitches and Johnny was quite good, but I don't really like anything else of his I've read. Fillerbunny was funny in the beginning but then it just got stupid. It's a nice idea though (that's the one where he tried to make an entire comic in 48 hours right?).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1