ComicBook v.1.3 problems on M3Simply/R4

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by jbullfrog1, Jan 12, 2007.

Jan 12, 2007
  1. jbullfrog1
    OP

Newcomer jbullfrog1 Member

I am trying to get a file created by ComicBookDS1.3 (http://dl.qj.net/ComicBookDS-v1.3-Nintendo-DS/pg/12/fid/11145/catid/220)

to work on my M3S. However, I am having major problems. Could you guys please help me out?

Here are the original unpatched files. They are in sc.nds, .nds and .ds.gba formats.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/j0a2fy

I used the .nds file on my M3 but only got black screens. I even tried running the file using DSOrganize.

I then patched the .nds file using the new M3S/R4 dldi patch. Here is the patched file.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/plfixu

I still got black screens. What is going on? Please help me out. :oops:

2. SynGamer

Member SynGamer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I plan on using this homebrew app once my R4 comes in...so definitely would like to know of any problems.

3. Amleth

Newcomer Amleth Newbie

Japan
    Bump to add that I'd also be interested in running this if someone can get it to work...

4. Amleth

Newcomer Amleth Newbie

Japan
    Okay, there was a new beta of this up yesterday that adds DLDI support, so it should be useable now after patching...

5. looopz

Newcomer looopz Newbie

United Kingdom
    Sure is, I'm playing with it now (you need to patch the ComicBook.nds file with the R4DS patch first though).

A limitation of this beta is that the .cbds files have to be named 1.cbds, 2.cbds etc. Otherwise the app can't find them, apart from that its looking pretty sweet! [​IMG]

6. capt.fruitcake

Newcomer capt.fruitcake Advanced Member

Netherlands
    it works very nicely, had to DLDI patch it for my g6 lite tough. the only trouble i have with it is the converter program not always working correctly other than that i'm amazed.

7. Amleth

Newcomer Amleth Newbie

Japan
    Actually, I got around to trying it last night on my M3 Simply, and even with the file patched with the right DLDI library, it still can't see the flash card. I'm not sure whether this means it's simply not compatible with the M3 yet, or if I'm doing something wrong...

8. bennyboo

Newcomer bennyboo Member

United Kingdom
    It works on my M3 simply.. - didn't do anything special to get it running, just the usual DLDI patch.... It's a really nice app. - works very well and is very slick looking... don't have to use it with just comics either.. can convert photos, pictures etc.. all the zooming and viewing options make it a great app. for viewing any pictures on your DS.. - it would be good if it had an auto-slideshow option..