Comic Con: Superman/Batman Movie confirmed

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by soulx, Jul 20, 2013.

1. soulx
    OP

soulx GBAtemp Legend

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    [​IMG]

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/07/20/report-supermanbatman-movie-planned

2. macmanhigh

macmanhigh THC = Truly High Caliber

Banned
    Mar 29, 2012
    United States
    BuddsVille,CA
    Nice hope its not too CGI filled like 300 but more like TDK trilogy :)

3. Etkar.H

Etkar.H GBAtemp Regular

Jul 26, 2009
    Norway
    Earth
    I guess Christian Bale is not coming back? ^^

4. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    If Zack Snyder's work in Man of Steel is any indicator of quality, this will be shit.

I thought Man of Steel was straight up awful. Not looking forward to this at all really.

BortzANATOR likes this.
  5. calmwaters

calmwaters Cat's best friend

May 27, 2013
    United States
    happy land
    This film is going to suck; it'll suck even more if they don't get Christian Bale to be Batman. It was like them casting Mark Ruffalo instead of Edward Norton. Don't recast people when they were awesome to begin with.

Ericthegreat likes this.
  6. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    Except Mark Ruffalo did an amazing job, and in my opinion, was a better Hulk than Edward Norton. Don't get me wrong, Edward Norton is probably one of my favorite actors, but he just wasn't as good of a Hulk as Ruffalo. As for Christian Bale as Batman, I can go either way on it. He was a good Batman, but I also feel he ran his course at this point as the caped crusader. I don't know who else would be a good Batman off the top of my head, but casting him as someone else wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Either way, I had no interest in Man of Steel, have heard it was adequate and "better than the last", which basically just says it wasn't one of the shittiest movies to grace the big screen in the past decade, and expect nothing good out of this upcoming movie.

Anfroid likes this.
  7. pubert09

pubert09 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I sure hope the idea of following The Dark Knight Trilogy keeps these guys in check.

8. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Please, please, please don't base it on The Dark Knight Returns in any way, shape, or form. That comic gets absolutely everything wrong and yet people still treat it as if it's the definitive take on Batman and Superman. Frank Miller, man.

Anyway, I'd just like to say that Guild is entirely wrong and that Man of Steel was a pretty solid, very enjoyable film. I'm glad that we're finally moving past the Donner films, and after Nolan's trilogy, it'll be cool to see some Batman films more rooted in the comics.

World's Finest? It better be.

9. TyBlood13

TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

Jul 1, 2012
    United States
    Kentucky
    (I am Legend - 2007)
    [​IMG]
    Close enough and about damn time!

10. Nebz

Nebz The N00b

Jul 1, 2010
    United States
    Rhode Island
    Meh... Snyder and Nolan need to go away. I'm more excited for Back to the Future: Wolverine than this. How about that Flash mentioning? I'll be looking forward to that flick. Let's not forget to mention Marvel's A2: Age of Ultron announcement and Phase 2 teasers :-D

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, it's nice to see Batman/Superman but I think it's too soon. They should have worked on MoS' flaws and brought Lex and Brainiac into the next movie... we'll see how this one goes but I'm not expecting much after the direction MoS took.

11. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    I need this to happen.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

EZ-Megaman and NahuelDS like this.
  12. gokujr1000

gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 10, 2008
    Gallifrey
    I liked Man of Steel and liked that they showed a much more Rookie Superman, as well as a much more realistic Superman, which is what I wanted and probably what made comic book fans mad. Similar to how comic fans hated Iron man 3's Mandarin because he was different.

I'll be excited for this if Batman is an experienced Batman so we get the complete opposite of an Origin story or early Batman tale. I'll also be even more excited for this if they find a way to link together the movie to the television series Arrow, mainly because I hate having two separate universes go at once.

13. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    LOL! Superman's going to make batman look SOOOO useless. Haha!

14. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    Luthor holds Kryptonite, Superman is useless, Batman bails him out.

Just so you know, Batman has kicked Superman's ass numerous times.
    The movies were good though. First one especially. Second one, it was okay, definitely enjoyable, but not the best. It was cool seeing Batman and Superman fight though.

15. Nah3DS

Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Feb 9, 2010
    Argentina
    Andrew Garfield confirmed that he will be doing a cameo appearance on this movie
    he said: "it has something to do with a threesome..."

16. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone

...To be fair I wouldn't say that's the case at all. Of course Superman is better in every way physically, he's not nearly as resourceful as Batman. Like think of Superman as the brawn, Batman as the brains.

Also krytponite is like a thing. Superman has weaknesses. Batman has no weaknesses.

17. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    Good point, Tobias!

I'm not a big "comic book" guy. I really only watch the movies once, then never again, haha!

18. wrettcaughn

wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    Other than bullets, fire, sharp objects, hallucinogens, gravity, oxygen deprivation, the need for food and drink...you're exactly right. Batman has no weaknesses.

Gahars likes this.
  19. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey

Ugh, don't touch me, casual.

20. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    One thing I'll never understand when it comes to Superman vs Batman conversations, people always say "Superman would kick Batman's ass, Batman wouldn't stand a chance without Kryptonite."

Superman wouldn't stand a chance without super powers...