Comic Books

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by jumpman17, Apr 16, 2007.

Apr 16, 2007

Comic Books by jumpman17 at 3:58 AM (1,590 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. jumpman17
    OP

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    Anyone else read comic books here?

I downloaded a cool program called #comic-scans Thumbnails that helps organize your digital comics by showing the cover and then open them in CDisplay when clicked. So far I've read all 7 issues of Justice League of America v2 and I'm really enjoying it. The stories are good and the art is outstanding. I've started reading through Ultimate Spider-Man today. I read 1-33 so far today, it's pretty good. I've got Ultimate Fantastic Four and Ultimate X-Men sitting on the back burner right now. Any other good series out there or what not?

2. qusai

Member qusai GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I used to read spiderman years ago, I don't know though, the new comics aren't as great as the ones they used to write back in the day. And the art, well, I can draw, ink and colour stuff just as good [​IMG]

Comics are just not what they used to be [​IMG]

3. wiipeddle

Newcomer wiipeddle Newbie

United States
    I recently discovered some really good comics, wasn't much of a fan before, but with comicbookds, i read them all the time. The 2 best ones ive read so far are The Walking Dead. Great comic about zombie holocaust, focus is on how life would change for a person, and how people themselves would change. The other one that is awesome is a manga called Berserk, simply the awesomest thing I have ever read. Guy with giant sword hunts demons, deep story, everything you could want, blood, sex, relationships, deep meanings, and even demons, not that you need that but it helps. I useto read Savage Sword of Conan when I was younger, my friends dad had the whole collection. I am more of a fan of heroes than super heroes. I think you would enjoy these comics they are great.

4. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Haven't picked up a comic book in years...

5. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    Marvel Civil War Saga
    DC 52

great series read em both !

Marvel Zombies
    ---------------------------
    something turns all the superheroes in the world into zombies and they fight it on on a ruined earth !
    (go zombie hulk! ) lol

Y - The Last Man
    great story a mysterious diease kill off all male species in the world except a young man nmaed yorrik .... and his pet monkey

Planet Hulk
    Earth and the superheroes of earth are tired of hulk destorying and killing things .......... so they luanch his ass into space !

where he destorys and kills things from other planets vowing to come back to earth for revenge !

Now this serious is my personal favoite right now

ALL STAR SUPERMAN !
    i can not say enough good things about this GET IT NOW !

6. Legend

Member Legend .missing

Canada
    *is currently writing a comic book, has a team working with him*
    Hopefully you'll see it soon. [​IMG]

7. archagon

Member archagon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm more into graphic novels.

"The Sandman" series [​IMG]
    "Blankets"
    "Ghost World"

8. Mewgia

Member Mewgia drifter

United States
    I read comic books all the time, my dad has kajillions and buys at least 15 new ones every month plus more back issues that he doesn't have.
    Right now the series I recommend would be:

Cable and Deadpool - good story and art and all, but above all it is, characteristic of Dealpool, funny.

Planetary - cannot recommend this enough. Amazing and intriguing story and great art, every comic book reader needs to read this one. Shame a new one comes out every two-three months or so, sometimes up to six months or a year. Totally worth the wait though.

Justice - Also very awesome, this DC miniseries is painted and written by Alex Ross. The villains suddenly seem to turn charitable, healing the wounded and handicapped and helping the poor. But of course not all is as it seems...duhn duhn duhn!

Astro City - Basically, the description I wrote for Planetary applies to this one as well. Very different story, but still amazing.

Spiderman/Ultimate Spiderman - Right now both of them have very good stories, both are still funny (though Ultimate is funnier) and it's just generally cool. btw, normal Spiderman is Back in Black [​IMG]

Conan - Generally faithful adaptations of the always-cool Conan books. Very good, love reading it every time.

Authority - If you liked the original first series of the Authority (which you should >.>) you'll like this a lot.

Midnighter/Grifter-Midnighter mini - What can I say? Midnighter is a great character and these series do him justice. The added bonus of having Grifter in the mini series doesn't hurt either.

I know I missed a lot, but, ttfn.

9. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    whats the name of the program that you can read comic books on your ds ?

10. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

cool!
    I love custom/home made comics. There are definitely some great ones!

11. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
  12. poloman

Member poloman GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    its ComicBookDS - excellent app - reading the transformers prequels, and will have to get a few of the recommendations above

13. lastdual

lastdual Newbie

Sandman was awesome! Finished that just recently.

Right now I'm mainly just following a few manga series, my favorite being Berserk.

14. archagon

Member archagon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I really want to read "Trigun" (the anime was awesome, but I hear the manga is even better), but I'm not sure where to start/find it. Aren't there two separate series?

"V for Vendetta" and "300" are also on my reading list.

15. tshu

Member tshu On epic journey, brb.

Canada
    I'd love to put out my own comic.

Some great ones I have recently read are a bunch of Adrian Tomine's Optic Nerve books. Great stuff.

16. sipoon

Member sipoon GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    alan moore's stuff is rather neato

the watchmen
    V for vendetta
    league of extraordinary gentlemen 1 &2

oohh yah... i liked "blankets" as well, i think someone posted previously

17. rest0re

Member rest0re GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Finland
    BLANKETS!!!! sex, boobs, cool art, jesus and hot chick. its all what i need.
    and iam like totally like this author. shy, artdude. but i haven't scored as
    hot chick as he did [​IMG]

18. cbccwats

Newcomer cbccwats Member

Australia
    Hey, I recommend you check out ComicRack, its an eComic viewer, collector, organizer all in one.
    http://comicrack.blogspot.com/
    http://comicrack.17.forumer.com/