Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Comic Book DS 2.2

by Gnese

Comic Book DS developer Gnese has today released version 2.2. Here's the lowdown on what's new!
Gnese said:
  • New DS: Display of the folders and sub-folders containing .cbds files, for a better organization.
  • New DS: Alphabetical Sort of the .cbds files, according to the filename.
  • New DS: Customizable background image.
    3 background images are located in the "nds/ComicBookDSTheme" subdirectory of pictods. Copy them anywhere on your card (but all the 3 in the same directory), and you'll have those backgrounds displayed instead of the black one.
  • New DS: Magazine (and vertical images) handling : While being on the bottom of the image, pressing the bottom key will move the visible area to the top on the right (of left in manga mode). Same behavior for the top. Page changed may also be triggered.
  • New DS: Progressive Key scroll : 1 pixel scroll at the beginning, then quicker, until the maximum value is reached (the one defined in the .ini file)
  • New DS: Animated scroll of the Title/Author/Provider/Image name, when their length exceed the visible area.
  • New DS: A random book can be selected pressing the dice icon (visible in library mode, when the top-most folder is displayed).
  • New DS: Changes in the way the right/left hands icons are displayed, reflecting better that the first or final page is reached (mainly in the view modes).
  • BugFix DS: As usual ... small bug fixes and improvements.
icon11.gif
Source & Download

Thanks to FAST6191 for the news tip!

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
read some manga, if you're into that.

otherwise they have a few free comics on the website.

shahneshah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shahneshah.com
XP
Country
i cant get this to work on my m3 sd version it just keeeps saying no fat access, anyone know what i can do i have been trying for the last month?
thanks and i appreciate any help.

Exity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope pictods.exe gets a new version released soon that supports *.png files. Anyone know a good batch converter from *.png to *.jpg?

tNB

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Anyone still using that good old M3CF and able to use this app?

I've been trying since version 1.1 but it crashes every time I try to scroll in the Thumbnail or Library mode.

And a more minor issue: but the backlight can't be turned back on after turning it off, it just makes strange popping sounds.

I've tired all ds files, using both start and A to start them, none of them work, even tried patching them, still crashes.

Paco_777

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Gnese.free.fr
XP
Country
France
Regarding the .png issue, on my computer pictods can successfully convert the .png files i have.
Perhaps that some .png are not supported but I suggest you to install the latest java version (version 6 here : http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp) since more .png files might be supported in pictods thanks to it.
Moreover this version 6 of java makes conversion slightly quicker with some files.

If you still cannot convert your .png files, you can, as a workaround, use some free batch converters like IrfanView (http://www.irfanview.com/ : batch conversion is located in the file menu)

A Divine Unicorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, i'm using g6 as well and i've tried patching the sc.nds file every imaginable way and doing the add header to run the comic book ds, but i keep getting the fat access not supported. i'm at a loss of what to do.

Exity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope pictods.exe gets a new version released soon that supports *.png files. Anyone know a good batch converter from *.png to *.jpg?

I use pictods.exe for .png all the time
unsure.gif
(negima scanlations)
I never could get *.png to work for me. How did you go about doing it? Thank you.

Hey, I noticed *.png works now. It must of been recently added in 2.1 or something. As I had asked the author of pictods.exe through email when I couldn't get it to convert from *.png and it was on his/her list of do things.

mrbass

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New DS: Display of the folders and sub-folders containing .cbds files, for a better organization.

So it shows my folders and how many books are in them but how do we access them? Only when I have the books in the root as comicbook.nds can I read them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2