GBATemp Fails.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DON'T NAME THIS EXPLOIT! LEAVE THAT TO COMEX!

Exploit by comex, ELF loading code by Team Twiizers.

This exploit exploits a vulnerability in SSBB's stage builder code to run arbitrary homebrew code. Currently it will load an elf file from /boot.elf on the SD card.

This exploit differs from others in the fact that it is quite difficult for Nintendo to patch. There is no method on the Wii for patching games, and as this exploit does not go through the System Menu, it can not be patched by Nintendo at this time.

Join us in #sssb on EFNet (irc.efnet.net) to discuss! Release is when its done (aka: soon).

All you have to do to use this exploit is delete all custom stages on your Wii, then copy over the file. When you etner the Stage Builder menu, it will automatically run /boot.elf on SD.

Video:

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Loving it. If you notice after he clicks Stage Builder when the console comes up before Hackmii Installer, you'll notice it identifies itself as "Twilight Hack 1.0-dirty", so that source code was good for something...
smile.gif

Also, this was posted by someone else, but i think it was deleted between the time i clicked reply and the time i submitted.
unsure.gif
Got an error about files missing or the topic being deleted...

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, this is great. So we have a nearly unpatchable exploit and Nintendo probably won't ever fully defeat the HackMii installer. And once you've got BootMii installed you can use it to run cboot2 and install cIOS onto any console.

gg nintendo

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
techboy said:
Also, this was posted by someone else, but i think it was deleted between the time i clicked reply and the time i submitted.
unsure.gif
Got an error about files missing or the topic being deleted...
Maybe he deleted it at the authors' request?

ramidavis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never really cared for fighter games, but looks like i may have a reason to get a copy of brawl. Very interesting exploit.

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
FenrirWolf said:
Haha, this is great. So we have a nearly unpatchable exploit and Nintendo probably won't ever fully defeat the HackMii installer. And once you've got BootMii installed you can use it to run cboot2 and install cIOS onto any console.

They would to have to implement real time patches for disc games. As far as I remember this won't be possible due to the Wii's architecture.

The only possibility I would see is implementing a fix to the IOS Smash Bros Brawl runs at (IOS36). I don't know if this is possible and as long it's not there, I even don't care about it. :P

Fiesty Panda

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YAY! Now we have three ways to softmod the wii! Good job comex! You and people like you are the reason these forums exist. Now I get my new wii in 5 buisness days, should I wait for this exploit, or bannerbomb it? Decisions, decisions.

stayingarmed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not to sound TOO ignorant, but this is basically a new version of the Twilight Princess hack right? Sorry to sound n00bish, but I just wanted to ask.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0