Comex hired by Apple

Quietlyawesome94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Nicholas Allegra, aka Comex, aka the young man behind JailbreakMe.com, has been offered an internship with Apple, according to his recent Twitter update. "It's been really, really fun, but it's also been a while and I've been getting bored. So, the week after next I will be starting an internship with Apple."

JailbreakMe.com has been around for awhile, and it's long been one of the easier methods of jailbreaking iOS devices. Over the years the site has gone through various iterations to get around Apple's attempts to plug the holes it exploited, but now it appears Apple has employed the greatest jailbreaking deterrence it can: a job offer.

After Comex was profiled in Forbes, we speculated it wouldn't be long before Apple offered him a position. It looks like congratulations are in order.

frown.gif
that is all.

SOURCE

gbatempfan1

Trophies
XP
Country
It is good news for the people who do jailbreaking with a pc, but it is unfortunate for the layman that he now has to go to what he hopes are trustworthy people to install stuff on his phone.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
He wasn't "hired".

it was an internship.

There's a pretty big difference.

But either way, I'm happy for him. He has tallent. And deserves this.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Terminator02 said:
So why wasn't Geohot hired (Edit for iFish: or given an intership) by Apple/Sony, makes no sense why facebook would go out of there way to hire him.
Geohot was widely regarded by most people as a joke, as his work was original and based off of other existing exploits (including the original jailbreak, which he does not deserve the credit for).
And then Sony decided to file a lawsuit against him, and suddenly everybody loved Geohot.

Geohot had already applied for an internship at Google, but was rejected. I think Facebook have made a pretty big mistake by hiring him, as he won't end up helping much. That said, it is the beginning of the end for Facebook.

As for Comex, I'm glad to hear he finally found a position where he will actually be rewarded for his accomplishments, we all know how the iOS-Hacking Scene (and the Wii-Hacking scene for that matter) consists of a few good developers and far many more ungrateful leeches.

sputnix

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
good for him but sucks for everyone else who uses a jailbroken phone, that is if his new job.... sorry internship has him patching possible holes that can be exploited

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is bad news for idevice hackers since commex knows how to do it he can patch them (exploits) but even if one hacker is gone we will still prevail just buy a 2G device since 4.0 can be JB'd I have a 1G which can go up to ios 3.1.3 and i still have plenty of uses for it

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe if he gets around to helping with the development of iOS, there should be no need for jailbreaking, as we'll get a lot of the features from jailbreaks.

Of course, that's false, but a guy can dream.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Watching the fallout series it is pretty decent