Combating Scammers one Scam at a Time

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Lukerz, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Lukerz
    OP

Lukerz Sloth. That's it.

Apr 24, 2017
    United States
    Maryland
    I was browsing YouTube and stumbled upon something awesome.

This guy called a scammers number to verify someone was trying to scam him, and once he fpou d out they were really a scam, he proceeded to write a computer program that calls there number 28 times a second. Thus, making it impossible to call or except any calls to or from anyone. I then found out there are large communitys of people that revers prank the scammers. On guy bricked all the scammers computers through some clever trickery.

Be for-warned that some some cussing is involved near the ends of both vids well the scammers freak out. Anyway I plan to use a website like www.prankdial.com to get back at some of these people toying with those with less knowledge of computers. So maybe next time you get a fake virus pop up. Maybe save the phone number and help cut back on these scammers.

'Don likes this.
  2. Seriel

Seriel Worshipper of Skiddos

Aug 18, 2015
    United Kingdom
    UK
    Skimmed through the important parts of the second video

Was pretty funny, but kinda sad when he said "I just want to provide for my family". But hey, try getting an actual job xD

CallmeBerto likes this.
  3. CallmeBerto

CallmeBerto The "Lone Wanderer"

GBAtemp Patron
    CallmeBerto is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 1, 2017
    United States
    USA
    Not sad at all. If your job relies on screwing other people over you shouldn't be surprised when someone does the same to you.

Lukerz and Seriel like this.
  4. Seriel

Seriel Worshipper of Skiddos

Aug 18, 2015
    United Kingdom
    UK
    I know, just got a tad bit emotional towards the end, I'm a sucker for that kind of thing
    But overall yes, go get a better job that doesnt involve messing with people

'Don and CallmeBerto like this.