Hardware Colour of the Switch

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'll probably be only black, save a few special editions. PlayStation and Xbox don't release in white anymore, nor various other colors ala N64/GameCube did. All the cool kids think black looks cooler than transparent green. Even Wii U only had black and white versions.

Last edited by CeeDee,

Iamapirate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Isn't the new Xbox white?

Anyway, since the Switch is already multi-coloured (Black and Gray) I think it's reasonable to assume it will come in more colours.

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
I think the Switch dock is ugly & that is pretty typical of first-gen Nintendo hardware.
So any colour they use is way back of the priority list to me. I'd much prefer redesigned hardware with more curvature and less 'squarevature'.

With that said, in general I like console colours that stand out from the typical boring TV / Blu-Ray / DVD electronics.
I'd much prefer bright yellow or pink and definitely prefer orange or white/beige above any of the typical 'male' blue/black/green/grey choices, which we have been so conditioned on they make me sick.

I think that Nintendo chose 'boring' to appeal to most adults conditioned on 'boring' with that colour being the one that would be 'safest' to appeal to both males and females without creating too many notable aversions or divisions of opinion. In other words it is 'safe' and 'boring' for both sexes conditioned on boring, particularly adults who are all well down the path of colour-conditioning. Matte has finally returned which is well overdue. Don't get me started on gloss surfaces on so many electronics...just don't.

Reactions: Deleted User

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I like dthe blue there, the famucon need to be better designed to log nice :v I love every famicon special version of nintendo stuff XD
zlda stuff is ok but I think they nee dto be les GOLD and ONLY GOLDD!!!!!11... majora's new3DS lost the opportunity to match the game a nice purple, gold have nothunf with majors :/ hyrulean version would be greath if was red and blue like the hylian shield ... why o put gold in everything? If triforce it's ok ... but green is a color tat match better the game, you can see by mostly of the apanese boxarts :v

Iamapirate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I actually didn't notice the Gamecube themed one. Looks nice.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think the Switch dock is ugly & that is pretty typical of first-gen Nintendo hardware.
So any colour they use is way back of the priority list to me. I'd much prefer redesigned hardware with more curvature and less 'squarevature'.

With that said, in general I like console colours that stand out from the typical boring TV / Blu-Ray / DVD electronics.
I'd much prefer bright yellow or pink and definitely prefer orange or white/beige above any of the typical 'male' blue/black/green/grey choices, which we have been so conditioned on they make me sick.

I think that Nintendo chose 'boring' to appeal to most adults conditioned on 'boring' with that colour being the one that would be 'safest' to appeal to both males and females without creating too many notable aversions or divisions of opinion. In other words it is 'safe' and 'boring' for both sexes conditioned on boring, particularly adults who are all well down the path of colour-conditioning. Matte has finally returned which is well overdue. Don't get me started on gloss surfaces on so many electronics...just don't.
I think black is simply a good default colour, I don't think they made it black to appeal to anyone in particular.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think that Nintendo chose 'boring' to appeal to most adults conditioned on 'boring' with that colour being the one that would be 'safest' to appeal to both males and females without creating too many notable aversions or divisions of opinion.
Oh, Nintendo always so inclusive. If there is anything that is common to all people, no matter gender, race, nationality or political affiliation, is a final and definite death.
So well done there choosing black, the color associated with death (only in western cultures cough cough) for your new inclusive shield tablet. /s

Rena

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well since blue is my favorite color I'm going to have to go with that one. Although I do enjoy the yellow version!

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
It should of had switchable faceplate skins for your own colour
combinations,
t
hat being said I want something retro inspired with wood like the Atari game center or silverly gold, the famicon and snes ones look best to me, i'd like joycons to have pink buttons like the original gameboy.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I kinda like the black one with orange accents. I like the red/black and blue/black too, and the SNES one.
But I'll probably get one at launch, so I'll be stuck with the stock gray.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I like the Famicom-one (I think those colors look so good together). Aaaand I like the "Metallic Rose" one, just like my lovely DS lite :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1