Colors - the 3D painting app - coming to 3DS eShop.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
OP
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Remember the excellent DS homebrew Colors? Well, good news, its coming to the 3DS!
I don't know if its the same people behind it, but we'll find out soon. It's the same homebrew team behind the DS version.
yaynds.gif

We are happy and excited to announce Colors! 3D, coming this Fall to the Nintendo 3DS eShop. For the first time, artists will be able to create and view their own 3D paintings! We promise that you will love what you can do.

Colors! 3D will also offer real-time collaborative painting for up to four people using local Wi-Fi. Collaborative painting lets you paint with your friends with all the same depth you have when painting solo – but with more fun!

Last but not least, the Colors! Gallery will be integrated into the application, making it easy to share your creations with the community and learn from your friends' techniques.

If you want to stay in the loop on the launch of Colors! 3D, sign up to our new mailing list at http://colors.collectingsmiles.com/colors_3d_coming_soon.php. And thank you all for your support! [/p]
Source:

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=158609

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well damn, no painting online with friends? THIS SUCKS I'M NOT GONNA BUY IT BAWWWW

On a more serious note, this is pretty cool. I wonder who developed it.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
6Toushiro9 said:
I hope this is going to be for free.
Doubt it, the iPhone app cost a little.
Anyhow this is cool, be nice to have a way to doodle on the DS.

Actually what's surprising is that a homebrew developer is making their way to the 3DS like this, but I guess they proved their worth with the iPhone app.

Personally though, I prefer Phidias to Colors.

saviorkross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
I expect this to cost about 2-5 dollars on the eShop, but it has the possibility of being free, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Jens AnderssonColors! 3D will be available for purchase and download from the Nintendo eShop.

From their facebook^

Really, the original Colors is the only reason I keep my DSLite handy now that I have a 3DS. I'm curious if there is any pressure sensitivity and if so, how well it works on the 3DS. Either way, these guys deserve the money, so I'll probably be buying this as soon as it's available.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
thats pretty awesome a homebrew developer becomes official developer for nextgen handheld
yaynds.gif

i inspired, hopefully oneday i shall also develop for 3ds or maby wii u,
id be happy to make sandbox engine for 3ds & wii u, finished official versions tho.
yaynds.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Fantastic they ported this homebrew game from the DS to the 3DS and paid them for doing it! Nice job Nintendo, didn't expect that of you guys. Now with this as a precedent, maybe they can give Bob's Game another chance?

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
6Toushiro9 said:
I hope this is going to be for free.
Doubt it, the iPhone app cost a little.
Anyhow this is cool, be nice to have a way to doodle on the DS.

Actually what's surprising is that a homebrew developer is making their way to the 3DS like this, but I guess they proved their worth with the iPhone app.

Personally though, I prefer Phidias to Colors.
they probably shelled out some serious dough for the SDK though (or something like that; else how'd they code this thing for the 3DS, and in 3D too?).

the sweetest thing i liked about Colors was the playback function. no second-guessing about how some photorealistic paintings (there are some out there, go check) were done, no "nah, probably filtered like crazy on Photoshop and saved on microsd". play back a painting and you see the artist at WORK, and nothing beats that. you see every stroke, every correction, every nuance, etc.

Phidias doesn't even come close to Colors.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Amazing
smile.gif
I love that this app's still going, for a little homebrew project it's really taken off. People have produced some amazing things with the original (I'm rubbish at it though!), I wonder what they'll come up with in 3D...

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
wow this is amazing.
The homebrew was the best on the DS.
Cant wait to see what they can do with 3D and much faster processor and graphics card!
I will gladly pay for this as this team have given me A LOT of free fun.
RED 3DS YOU WILL BE MINE!

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
FireGrey said:
I thought Nintendo hates people that make Homebrew and such..
Anyway hoping for freeware, cause the DS version was free.

They released it for iOS, giving the commercial experience, one of the pre-requisites of getting hold of the Nintendo SDK, then all they needed was secure office space and a great deal of money.

Also, the 3DS version being officially licensed would explain why the DS version was removed from the site.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i hope they make a good profit off of it and that it allows the developers to break into the industry. but when they do, if they do, i hope they remember where they came from. using this game as a platform to talk about the legitimacy of homebrew and the positive uses of circumvention devices. although, i doubt that will happen. i'm assuming nintendo has a fat contract they signed.

-another world

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
It's so rare for Ninty to allow homebrewers to let them make a licensed product. They earned it
biggrin.gif

Unfortunately they removed the DS version.. Good thing I still got a copy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.