ROM Hack "color restored" and other improved injected vc cia's

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm all new to the cia thing ... just followed Plailect's guide today. So in browsing around for solutions to getting some VC goodness on my newly modded 3DS, I learned about 'color corrected' and 'ghosting removed' injected vc cia's for GBA. Just based on screenshots and descriptions, these improvements make such versions more desirable and enjoyable than the (fre)eshop versions.

Are there equivalent 'improved' versions available for SNES, NES, etc, besides GBA? Or are the (fre)eshop versions as good as anyone's injected packages?

Reactions: CatmanFan

VioletX

Trophies
XP
Country
I think Ghosting and color correcting is just a GBA thing.
Playing NES/SNES games and they look just fine compared to some of the GBA games i tried.

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
You can restore the original colors on NES VC using hacking (or by using @Asdolo's Ultimate NES VC Injector for 3DS), but I think SNES and GBC have the original colors already.
BTW: This is my 100th post woohoo

Last edited by CatmanFan,

Hanafuda

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just checkin'. My old 3DS is a black launch model, complete with the Ambassador GBA downloads. I was kinda disappointed to find out the official eshop releases for GBA had not fixed the darkness/filter issue. But I always thought the NES VC games looked a little less vibrant than they should too, but that's probably more of a CRT vs. lcd thing.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other than GBA, NES games are also possible to be improved by making them pixel perfect for the screen and remove the darkening filter from the screen similar to GBA games but not exactly the same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it