coinops ignite (mame emu) for xbox

godsakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i've just aquired the coinops ignite emu with is a newish mame emulator for the xbox - i've also got about 4.5gb of roms for it

trouble is half the roms don't seem to work (must have been for an older version) and cite various files missing - but if memory serves romsets are more about name changes than anything else (right?)...

can anyone point me to a guide on how to 'adjust' my current romset so it works with coinops ignite?

velocity37

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The emulator comes with the appropriate DAT files. Just put them in their associated program and have it scan your ROM directory.

RomCenter would probably be easier for you to see how your set compares to the dat.

avant1277

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if you can't be arsed and have usenet access then grab CoinOPS_ IGNITE_V1.0_Final-iND - it has 1000 roms working already in one nice pack.

godsakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
avant1277 said:
if you can't be arsed and have usenet access then grab CoinOPS_ IGNITE_V1.0_Final-iND - it has 1000 roms working already in one nice pack.
that might be the one i have actually (if so a lot of the roms need fixing)

i've used romcentre to rename my roms and i've copied over only the working ones (filtering out doubles/clones) - i'm burning off a disc to test so will update later

godsakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm just burnt off a new disc and i don't seem to be getting any better a success rate

just to check, i'm i right in thinking all i need to do is to click the fix button on any yellow roms? (in romcentre)

also the DAT file which came with coinops ignite comes out as "mamedox 1.1" in case that's an issue

avant1277

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have to admit I have only tried 2 games on it, the japanese version of Renegade, and Outrun, but both worked great for me.

did you copy the save data files to your hd? details are in the readme file.

I ftp'd the whole thing to my xbox hd and it worked great. I'll try some other games tonight and see if I have any issues.

godsakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
avant1277 said:
I have to admit I have only tried 2 games on it, the japanese version of Renegade, and Outrun, but both worked great for me.

did you copy the save data files to your hd? details are in the readme file.

I ftp'd the whole thing to my xbox hd and it worked great. I'll try some other games tonight and see if I have any issues.
yeah i copied the save file and edited the rom directory so it would read from the DVD drive (took me a while to realise it had to be "g:" and NOT "g:\")

anyway let us know how you get on with some other roms

avant1277

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hey godsakes, I tried another 10 games and all worked fine.

I can't think what could be causing the prob I'm afraid. I didn't change any of the roms.

the one I got from usenet is currently 65 days old, on a.b.games.xbox, posted by HellsFury.

if you have a spare dvd9 you could try burning the whole lot on there, or otherwise I'm not sure if the roms can be loaded over network.

good luck!

godsakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm, i've reinstalled the EMU just to make sure it's fine

and updated the ini file so it only looks for roms on the DVD drive (g:) now none of the roms i've tried works (including outrun) - i then changed the ini file to read only from the hard drive and copied over a few roms and those seem to work fine

it must be somekind of problem with the EMU running roms off the DVD (strange since it recognises the roms on the disc with a scan). Not sure what to do now as i ony have less than 400mb spare on the hard drive

avant1277

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hmm weird

try asking on the forum where it seems to have been originally released:

http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29377

someone there might be able to shed some light on it
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...