COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE

S

ScuberSteve

I drink my coffee with just a creamer...
I will try soy milk, as my sister buys it everyday.

Little

I r Little
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
personally i think soy milk in hot drinks just tastes horrible, it has too much flavour of its own. rice milk however seems to compliment the coffee taste.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Little said:
personally i think soy milk in hot drinks just tastes horrible, it has too much flavour of its own. rice milk however seems to compliment the coffee taste.
Soy milk in coffee does suck, but do try soy creamer, they come in little half-and-half boxes.

chewy!

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Coffee yes, sugary foofoo drinks no. Okay, maybe a mocha every now and then.
blink.gif

Little

I r Little
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
is that like a coffee with those shots they do? like when they add the syrups =/ I've always wanted to try them but end up always ordering exactly the same drink every single time =D

vladislaus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm have espressos? They taste ok after a lil while i promise
biggrin.gif

hmm Green tea can be nice but its not really high in caffeine.

personally i love milk so i dont know really what to suggest.

Little

I r Little
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i would link to some research about milk being proven as pretty much one of the leading causes of cancer. continue enjoying your baby cow growth hormones ^.^

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Little said:
a tall double shot. surely a shot is a shot, so why would you have that tool?
sugar-free syrup doesn't exist
sleep.gif

Are all women as crazy as you?

Btw, there isn't any conclusive proof that milk causes any kind of cancer. Nice way to freak people out to get them to believe what you do.

Just to ask, you take vitamins I'm guessing. Unless somehow those also give you cancer. If they don't, you should know that vitamins A, D, E, and K are all fat-soluble and if you drink water with them, they might now be absorbed properly. Milk does have enough fat.

Little

I r Little
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I get plenty of fat in my diet from nuts and fish =)

The problem with the milk + cancer link is that it isn't an over night process... it takes years of consumption, and hence years of testing. There is sufficient evidence to suggest a link though, and as I said, the majority of cancers can be linked back to milk related issues.

A few quotes with what they have so far...

QUOTE said:
A study of more than 60,000 women found drinking more than two glasses of milk a day significantly upped the risk of the most serious form of the disease. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4051331.stm

QUOTEOn January 23, 1998 researchers at the Harvard Medical School released a major study providing conclusive evidence that IGF-1 is a potent risk factor for prostate cancer. Should you be concerned? Yes, you certainly should, particularly if you drink milk produced in the United States.http://www.vvv.com/healthnews/milk.html

http://www.milksucks.co.uk/breast.html

actually just.... http://www.google.co.uk/search?client=fire...G=Google+Search

I'm sure there are reports saying that milk is perfectly safe and we should drink 234234 pints a day - I'm guessing they are produced by stakeholders in the milk and dairy industry. However, why would anyone have a reason to say don't drink milk - unless of course theres a real reason not to... they dont really gain from people not drinking milk, so are more likely to show less bias.

iffy525

not famous
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Little said:
a tall double shot. surely a shot is a shot, so why would you have that tool?
sugar-free syrup doesn't exist
sleep.gif
No, tall is the size (It's Starbuck's system - tall, then grande, then venti), and then double shot is two shots of espresso.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Little said:
However, why would anyone have a reason to say don't drink milk - unless of course theres a real reason not to... they dont really gain from people not drinking milk, so are more likely to show less bias.
I guess you've never met a devout vegan or a PETA member. The name of that website should be a pretty good indicator of their attitude: they want to stamp out milk consuption. They are believers, and believers don't need evidence. They know they are right. Anything that disagrees with their belief must come from non-believers. Fundamentalists are all the same, it doesn't matter what the cause is.

I'm not defending milk here, I really don't care about that. I'm just saying that you must examine all of the evidence with an open mind. If you don't, you have know way of knowing the truth.

Little

I r Little
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thats true. i forgot about the people who care about animals feelings and all that. i was talking more about the doctors/scientists who do the research.

.::5pYd3r::.

Viva La Pizza
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
(I can't be bothered reading the whole topic so please don't flame me) In my honest opinion, milk (the one out of cows) is not to be drunk by humans. A little fact: Scientists predict that humans will out-grow milk (the one out of cows) intolerance in about a thousand years, so milk can't be a good thing for you.

This probably isn't valid as i am allergic to milk (the one out of cows) and i might have just said/typed/wrote that because I'm jealous.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can get (rBGH)hormone free cow milk. Organic or whatever.
Did you know, though, that humans are the only animal that will drink another animals milk?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse