Codemasters: PSP is a bollocking useless waste of space, iPad

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
OP
Trophies
XP
pspvsipad.jpg

Codemaster’s VP Gavin Cheshire has lashed out at the PSP and its little brother, the PSP Go, in a magazine interview, calling the handheld a "bollocking useless waste of space". Speaking in this month's Edge magazine, Cheshire said:
QUOTE said:
Well, speaking as a person who bought a PSP, the problem was that I always thought - because it was a better screen than iPod's - that I'd be doing more with it. But it was such a bollocking useless waste of space; just getting stuff on it was ridiculous
"That was its downfall. Relatively speaking, [Codemasters] didn't do too badly on F1 PSP. But regarding the future, I think they've got - well... no.

PSPgo's a lovely device, really smart - but our senior VP bought one the day it came out and has a great story, because he ended up on some customer support line just trying to do basic stuff. He had to re-download his software, do an immediate firmware update, and that's your user experience.

Sony just hasn't got it right. Stuff like that will make people leave it alone.
But when asked about Apple's newest device, Cheshire seems to have a positive outlook on the new iPad and said the handheld is "brilliant" and believes there's potential despite the App Store being swamped with content.
QUOTEThe ecosystem's right, the straight-to-console nature of it.

Source

(Come back to USN, Granville D:)

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
their complete morons don't they even realize the ipad cant even fucking multi-task?!

I can't help but feel they're being sarcastic. No one can be THAT stupid...except Sony(PSPgo is a flop and failure, no one can deny this) and Apple(Really. A bigger iPod. Stop copying Nintendo, Apple.)

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Bladexdsl said:
the ipad cant even fucking multi-task?!
Neither can the PSP.

Seriously, I don't get what all the fuss is about. What important, essential, mission-critical tasks to you have to have running in the background at all times while you're doing something else on the device?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Veho said:
Bladexdsl said:
Neither can the PSP.

Seriously, I don't get what all the fuss is about. What important, essential, mission-critical tasks to you have to have running in the background at all times while you're doing something else on the device?
it's not it's only flaw go find the thread with the long list of things exactly wrong with it
tongue.gif

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Well in my humble opinion the PSP Go is like a crystal of super-condensed fail, there are basically no redeeming features to it aside from how easy it is to rip on it for being so crap. And the Ipad looks like a brick. It really does look bloody awful. Like someone hacked open an Etch-A-Sketch and put a half-assed game system inside. I've never seen the appeal of the Ipod, etc either. The only game I've seen that might interest me is Ace Combat Xi, but since there's a new one coming to the old-style PSP anyway, I don't care. I'll not be buying either. I'll stick to my DS Lite, thanks.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Seems to be talking about PSP Go not the PSP as a whole. The platform's 5 years old now anyway something new will come along sooner or later but it better not be that stupid iPad! I hate that "i" prefix with a passion, I mean everything from speakers to cheap MP3 players have started using it.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Veho said:
Bladexdsl said:
Neither can the PSP.

You can't even listen to music while on the internet with the iPad, with a hacked PSP you can listen to music in-game.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
OP
Trophies
XP
Veho said:
Bladexdsl said:
Neither can the PSP.

Actually, It does multi task. It's firmware is still operating in the background. It's just that sony never made use of multi tasking....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0