Code Lyoko and Rominator

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by callmebob, Jul 23, 2008.

Jul 23, 2008

Code Lyoko and Rominator by callmebob at 5:48 PM (1,199 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. callmebob
    OP

Member callmebob The Grandpa of Awe!

Germany
    [​IMG] This isn´t a big deal, but it has been sticking me in the ribs.

I normally keep Rominator set to automatically rename upon drag + drop.

For some reason #1085 Code Lyoko (US) always shows up as Code Lyoko (EU) (M3).

I´ve deleted it, redownloaded it (from about 10 different sources) and refreshed the list, always the same result. (Already exists, do you wish to overwrite.)

By turning the automatic renaming off, I got it to display as (US) but, if I hit the auto rename button it shows up as (EU) (M3) again.

I resigned, and left it so it LOOKS like the (US) version. Since I grabbed it through so many different sources, I assume the rom is proper. Currently Rominator seems to be working rock solid on my PC, so I don´t think there is a problem there.

Just curious if anyone else has stumbled upon this, ´cause searching has gotten me nowhere. If so, were you able to properly fix it?, is there some kind of patch?

Like I said, no big deal, I´ll probably never even try the game myself anyway, but it is kind of like that d@mn fly that keeps buzzing around your head.

Prost to all. Even to any kangaroo bangers that choose to drink Karlsberg! [​IMG]

2. sfunk

Member sfunk GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    While you'd have been better off submitting a bug report to Hank; I think I can answer your question. The (EU) stands for Europe and USA I believe, meaning that the game is the same game in both regions. Therefore, there is no difference between the Europe and USA releases. Thus, you cannot have it truly be only a (U) version because those wanting to add the (E) version would be left in the dark. Why Hank doesn't add support for region dupes of games I can't say. Probably because it's a waste of your space but whatever. I hope that helped.

Edit: and the (M3) means multi-language 3. As in there are 3 languages on the cart. If you want to get rid of that tag from your games you can set the naming preferences within the settings of Rominator.

Edit2: Well that's strange. The CRC32s of the E and U dumps are different yet they both rename to (E) when I tested them and are both valid dumps according to Rominator. I'm guessing that Hank has an error in his database entries. Now you'll definitely want to submit a bug report. Ignore the paragraph above [​IMG].

3. callmebob
    OP

Germany
    Thnx for any response sfunk!

I know that the roms can be multi-lingual, and I have many (EU) games that have different multi-languages.

For example, Scandinavian countries together, Dutch/German, Italien/Spanish, or everything in one, but for each version Rominator recognizes the title, and release number for that particular release. So even when the titles might look alike (title (EU) (M3)), they still have a different release number, and when you click on the box art you get the exact cart name, and crc, which of course are different.

In this case, the CRC are almost identical, except one has an h at the end. The cart name (or sn) are also similar, only one is EUR, and the other USA.

As stated before I´ve tried many sources that I could dig up, but I keep getting the same one.

Here is what Rominator sees. What I don´t get is the number. If the rom is a legit EU title than the release number shoud differ, or?

NUM 1085
    Cart Code NTR-AL5E-EUR
    CRC32: A3CB63B9

From what Rominator is telling me, I´d normally say wrong rom, but then it wouldn´t show the right release number!

After D/L from so many sources claiming it is the US release, and getting the same exact rom, you would think that it is the proper release.

Bah! Was just hoping I wasn´t the only one. I just put the flesh colored band-aid on it, and presto, "problem" just disapeared!

4. sfunk

Member sfunk GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    My money is on the error being on Hank's part. Anyways, I sent him a bug report, we'll see what he has to say on the matter.

5. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    Your money was in the right spot, both entries in the database had Europe as it's region [​IMG]

Fixed for the next update [​IMG]

6. callmebob
    OP

Germany
    [​IMG] WOW! Thanx a lot! I thought I was crazy. And even a post from the big Hank himself!!

Please close this topic then!