Code dump when installing a WAD

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by AdamBrunt, May 16, 2009.

May 16, 2009
  1. AdamBrunt
    OP

Member AdamBrunt GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hi all,

I have recently been trying to install Bomberman Blast and Swords And Soldiers WAD files onto a 3.2E PAL Wii using WAD Manager 1.3 but they don't won't install.

I've been able to install other WAD files without any problems - though haven't done any for while.

Bomberman goes straight to an (ret -1020) [ or possibly -2010 ] whilst Swords And Soldiers starts installing, very slowly, but on getting up to #06 goes to a Code Dump.

Is this likely to be a problem with the WAD files (which are both PAL or rather claim to be) or something (not) installed on the Wii. I was about to download Swords And Soldiers from the Wii Shop but am now loathe to do in case it doesn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Adam Brunt

2. pro2oman

Member pro2oman GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    have you check to see if you have the necessary blocks free to install it..?
    it may just be that there no info room on your wii.

Pro2oman

3. AdamBrunt
    OP

I thought Swords And Soldiers might take a lot of blocks so I cleared down most of the channels (except the system ones and a couple of fowarder ones) but still no joy. However, before I cleared down the channels it was installing even slower ... so it might be down to that.

Haven't retried instaling Bomberman but the speed it errored (within seconds) I am more inclined to think that that is a wad problem.

4. AdamBrunt
    OP

just tried both again with 570 blocks free.

Bomberman immediately quits with a "ret -1020" error whilst Swords & Soldiers still takes ages before code dumping on #06

5. pro2oman

Member pro2oman GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    hmm do you have a cIOS installed?? if not try that so the wad manger use it. or try reinstalling a new cIOS and see if that helps with anything.

Also the games may need a specific ios to run but shouldn't stop the wads from installing.

Good luck
    Pro2oman

6. AdamBrunt
    OP

How do I tell which cIOS(es) are installed and how do I get WAD Manager to use a particular one ?

I have never been able to install Bomberman so I don't think it's anything I've installed recently (ie USBLoader stuff).

Could it possibly that, despite being 3.2E, I have version "4.0E of the Shop Channel" (if you know what I mean). I think I read somewhere that the latest version of the Shop Channel prevents WAD installation via WAD Manager. Is that true ? If so, is there anyway of downgrading the Shop Channel ?