COD World At War for Wii like the ps3 version?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Jakob95, Jun 21, 2009.

Jun 21, 2009
  1. Jakob95
    OP

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    Is the Call Of Duty game for the Wii like the PS3 version just not with the graphics? Does it have the same story as the PS3 version. Is the game a Port? Is the wifi for this game the same as the PS3 version like Nati Zombie and stuff like that and you can chat with other people with a bluetooth headset.

2. Jakob95
    OP

United States
    Anyone there??

3. Xta Large

Member Xta Large GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It is a port, but not a cool one. Nazi Zombies, the Ray Gun, co-op, voice chat, and a LOT of cool multiplayer modes are all missing.

I wouldn't suggest it.

4. bl00dclaat

Newcomer bl00dclaat Member

Jamaica
    It has the same story mode, minus one flying mission. The Single player was pretty good but I found the Multiplayer disappointing because of all the stuff they cut. Read below.

CODWAW Multi:
    Pros:
    -Still decent gameplay
    -Has a ranking System & Custom Classes

Cons:
    -No Voice Chat
    -No Nazi Zombies
    -No DLC maps
    -Only 8 players online (which makes dogs even more evil than on the other consoles)
    -Modes: Only variants of Deathmatch & Team Deathmatch.
    NO Sabotage, NO Headquarters, NO Search and Destroy, NO Domination
    NO Tanks.

The Conduit comes out in a few days, get that instead.

5. supermodchips

Member supermodchips GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I dont know about all of the neagtive opinions people have. Compared to COD:WaW on the PS3, of course it is going to not have as robust online options but when you consider that it IS a wii game, it is very impressive. A lot of people really enjoy the controls. Heck, even Hadrain prefers the wii version to the PC game.

6. Jakob95
    OP

United States
    The The Conduit looks like a really good game but I really wanted something that is like COD something like War and you use real weapons.

7. Xta Large

United States
    I don't like this kind of logic. If a game is missing as many features as this port is, on any other console it would be considered a bad game. I don't like that folks give the Wii free passes as far as games like that go.
    It's not very impressive, even by Wii standards. 8 player multiplayer is ridiculously small (MoH supported 32 player MP a while before CoDWaW came out), it's got hardly any multiplayer modes, questionable visuals, and the servers have been pretty terrible as of late... I'm sure the Wii could do better than this.

8. Jakob95
    OP

United States
    No company really ever cares about Nintendo.... Whenever they accoully make a port of there game to the Nintendo Wii or to the Nintendo DS it always sucks.... Now a lot of games do not come out for the Wii but instead the 360 and the PS3 like Protype and Smackdown VS Raw a lot more games also.

9. UranusKiller

Member UranusKiller TranceMaster

United Kingdom
    it's still a enjoyable game.

10. Xta Large

United States
    Well, yeah. I'd recommend it to anyone who only owns a Wii, or at least I would if a better alternative wasn't coming out in two days. If you own other consoles, though, save your money for FPS games on those systems, because they're just plain better.

11. Empyr69er

Member Empyr69er GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    agreed. I only have COD:WaW for Wii because I do not own PS3 or X360..I GOTZ A WII! lol So I just make due with what I got. The game really does have awesome controls though. Online Multiplayer is fun too, but I get jealous when I see my peeps playin it on their new fangled systems..hehe did you know there is a Makin during the day map for the other consoles. holy crap!

12. CreX

Member CreX GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    I have a Wii and a xbox360. I enjoy the Wii version alot more. Only because of the controls. The last two console FPS I've played with sticks are Metriod Prime (Gamecube) and Goldeneye (N64). I hated console FPS until the release of Wii. The controls are so natural, point and shoot. Heck... I think it's more fun on Wii than on my PC. Not better, but it's more fun. And if you asks me, games is about being fun. [​IMG]

13. Xta Large

United States
    I happen to have lots of fun with the modes my PS3 version has, that my Wii version is missing. Different strokes for different folks, I guess, though I'm not happy with the use of the word 'fun' as though the Wii is the only system that has this 'feature'.

14. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I personally find joysticks a little more accurate than the Wiimote, as well as the general controller layout (which allows for a lot more strategy). Well, that's for me, although I haven't really played a FPS hardcore with a joystick since Nitefire 007 on the Gamecube (which was an incredibly awesome game with some of the best multiplayer for the GC).

15. UranusKiller

Member UranusKiller TranceMaster

United Kingdom
    just use a PC for FPS!

16. Rykin

Member Rykin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I really agree with this post. I'm a Halo junkie and generally like FPS games, but I hate the COD series. I dislike the controls, gameplay, and all that. I had a friend encourage me to play the Wii version and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I bought it and played it online for a week or so before I got bored and moved to another game.