Rotten
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It looks to be an update that actually seeks to prevent USB loader usage by making it painfully lagged and skip frames. Play it off of disc and everything works fine. Play it off USB and it's just no fun because you are crippled by the lag and can't compete. I want to play it off USB because it has to do so much reading off the disc it will eventually kill your disc drive due to the laser moving about so much. It sounds awful to hear those plastic gears chattering. Nintendo is apparently replacing drives if you play COD:BO a lot and your disc drive fails. Read the official COD:BO Wii forums if you don't believe me. I love the fixes they put in this patch (including stopping spamming of the same map more than twice which is intentional) but hate to see they are targeting USB users.

Here's the official list of changes in this update:

01/25/11

• Explosives are not visible through walls when using Hacker perk.
• Ninja perk is ineffective at times.
• Additional sound mix tuning for Ninja Pro users - increased ranges and volume of enemy footsteps, and removed player footstep sounds
on concrete material types.
• Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will be ensured one-shot kill headshots.
• Added a negative influencer to all spawn points to decrease the chances of spawning near an enemy. This will further improve spawning
protection on top of previous updates.
• Previous Map Spamming – players are currently able to vote for the previously played map an unlimited number of times
• Incorrect Prestige Emblems appearing at certain levels
• Sending out text messages to massive groups can cause the game to freeze
• Demolition – getting a loss registered despite earning a win
• Some players experiencing crashes when viewing leaderboards with a high number of Allies
• Stuck in spawn spot in Cracked
• Voice Chat breaks up at times
• More reported cases of "unbound" controls
• Second Chance "invincible glitch"
• Several fixes that should improve performance/lag for host and client
• Shorter spawn-in (black screen) times in MP matches
• Zombie Legs - create-a-crawler

And of course not listed:
• FUBAR USB online playability

MWisBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noticed this as well. I'm going to try different base IOSes to see if it changes but I'm pretty sure that only 57 works with this game.

EDIT: FYI I'm using 249 base 57 r21. I'm going to try 224 v5.1 base 57 to see if anything changes.
EDIT2: Yup. 224[57] is much smoother but there are still a few issues. I believe the issues to be due to the amount of changes they did to loading things for the black screen times to be shorter. The way 224[57] is for me seems like what it must be for everybody else running from the original disc. If it makes any difference I also selected to block IOS reload.

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya I noticed it to it feels like you playing in slow motion. Yet your connection bars still register at being high.

hybridLearner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was driving me absolutely nuts as well. I think it may be hard drive related. I switched out my wd passport drive for my backup wd 1tb green drive thats in an external case, and it ran smooth as silk with no other changes. I love how small and compact that passport drive is, but I have been having issues with it falling to sleep on me, and not always running as smoothly as it should. This may be another example of an issue. Anyone out there had any issues with those seagate freeagent drives? I'm thinking about getting one, but I getting tired of buying hdd's to try them.

rip-it-up

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i noticed cios249 base57 has always bee laggy as hell for me, so i switched to 223 base 57 and works much better
the only promblem i have is when im the host it make it unplayable due to the suttering and lag, i think it chooses me most of the time to be the host because mines loads alot faster than playing it off the disc.

whats the black screen like when playing it from the disc i might check it out, to see if it bearable

Lazycus

Rotten
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it is the harddrive. I'm also using a WD My Passport Essential 500 GB (Wave edition - looks like it was made to match the Wii
wink.gif
. I'll try another drive and see if it fixes the problem. I'm using WiiFlow2.2rc1 with cIOS v20b base 57 in slot 250.

9941496cv2a.jpg

WaRMarinE

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The new patch sucks, its laggy as hell. I want my old gameplay back I dont care about the stupid hacker perk or anything new
hate2.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
WaRMarinE said:
The new patch sucks, its laggy as hell. I want my old gameplay back I dont care about the stupid hacker perk or anything new
hate2.gif
It's not laggy with hermes cIOS, I've updated now and it's still fast and works great!

hybridLearner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, just tried using hermes 224 base 57 v5.1 with the passport and its fast and normal speed. I can also tell you that with his cios the passport will not sleep either.

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hybridLearner said:
Wow, just tried using hermes 224 base 57 v5.1 with the passport and its fast and normal speed. I can also tell you that with his cios the passport will not sleep either.

I'm also using hermes 224 base 57 v5.1 and there is no slow down here!(minus the normal stutters) I'm using a 320GB Seagate FreeAgent GO

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok people what hermes you guys are talking about! Do I just have to install it and then change the settings! Or Can I just change the settings , and ask it to load from a different IOS. I modded my Wii with ModWii to 4.3?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
TheWon said:
Ok people what hermes you guys are talking about! Do I just have to install it and then change the settings! Or Can I just change the settings , and ask it to load from a different IOS. I modded my Wii with ModWii to 4.3?
Hermes installer:
http://filetrip.net/f11435-hermes-cIOS-Installer-5-1.html
Install cIOS slot 224 base IOS57 with IOS236, then set the usb loader to use IOS224 and save the settings.

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should mention I use hermes uloader too... and as i said in a previous post, no issues... other than finding a new gun that will actually kill people... lol... i used to use FAMAS, but that worked well because i guess it was set too powerfully.

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
TheWon said:
Hermes installer:
http://filetrip.net/f11435-hermes-cIOS-Installer-5-1.html
Install cIOS slot 224 base IOS57 with IOS236, then set the usb loader to use IOS224 and save the settings.

Thanks I figured it be that easy! Just wanted to make sure.

Lazycus

Rotten
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, it works fine with a 8GB USB stick and not changing anything else. Still get the lag and choppy frame rate with the WD drive when playing online. Something with that latest update must conflict with the WD drive or my cIOS or the combination somehow. Oh well, I can play it without hearing my disc drive killing itself again. The WD drive wasn't going into sleep mode because I disabled that already and even if I didn't it wouldn't affect COD:BO because that damn game never stops reading from the drive.

I love Famas with Steady Aim Pro on the wide open maps. Fire in short bursts while ADS and it's just like having a sniper rifle. Full auto up close and it's like having a sub machine gun with a bigger punch. Add on the grenade launcher for a few cheap kills every respawn and it's a great all around gun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to...