• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

CNN Opinion Piece About Being Obese

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hmm, I'm a fat fuck but the doctor says my blood sugar, cholesterol, blood pressure etc. is normal any time I get a checkup. The only thing that wasn't normal was my vitamin D3 (not much sunlight during the winter here...) so I started taking a supplement for that.

xenon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Spam is some good stuff. I knew the recipe because I liked it so much I sometimes make it myself (minus including the bacon grease). I have no clue where he's at now.

That recipe isn't healthy nor was most of the food his family cooked so it's bad if you eat it all of the time. His mother would make a gigantic pot of the stuff and it would last for days. He wasn't overeating it at all and if he was he would have been the #1 fattest kid at the school (in my grade at least). We had two overweight people out of our entire grade and it was a medium sized school. Which is why I don't buy that 2 out of 3 kids being overweight is any sort of normal.
I'm not sure I got your point here, but I guess we both expressed our general points of view, so all good.

cots

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure I got your point here, but I guess we both expressed our general points of view, so all good.

My point was that the meal was unhealthy and he wasn't overeating and then I also pointed out that have 2 out of 3 kids being obese isn't normal. So simply eating unhealthy meals and playing video games all day long does lead to being fat (which, I'm not even sure why this was in question, it's simply how things work).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hmm, I'm a fat fuck but the doctor says my blood sugar, cholesterol, blood pressure etc. is normal any time I get a checkup. The only thing that wasn't normal was my vitamin D3 (not much sunlight during the winter here...) so I started taking a supplement for that.

Some people's bodies are stronger then others, but after some time you'll probably end up with high cholesterol and blood pressure (as those are commonly relating to being overweight). Not sure about diabetes, depends on how strong you pancreas it as if you don't lose weight you may or may not get it. My pancreas is a piece of shit, I want a new one.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
My point was that the meal was unhealthy and he wasn't overeating and then I also pointed out that have 2 out of 3 kids being obese isn't normal. So simply eating unhealthy meals and playing video games all day long does lead to being fat (which, I'm not even sure why this was in question, it's simply how things work).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Some people's bodies are stronger then others, but after some time you'll probably end up with high cholesterol and blood pressure (as those are commonly relating to being overweight). Not sure about diabetes, depends on how strong you pancreas it as if you don't lose weight you may or may not get it. My pancreas is a piece of shit, I want a new one.
I've been staying around this weight for 10 years. It should have happened by now.

cots

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been staying around this weight for 10 years. It should have happened by now.

Not really. If you have a strong body you might not see the effects until you're much older. Similar to leading a bad lifestyle that contributes to dying from a heart attack when you're older. I would be happy that you're not experiencing abnormal levels yet, but it'll catch up to you sooner or later, unless you shred some pounds now.

xenon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Ok. Are you able to estimate the calories provided by such meal?

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Ok. Are you able to estimate the calories provided by such meal?
This - I want to remind everyone - is named a forum for political discussion.

Discussion is also a medium of public interaction - by which people try to win arguments in the most outrageous forms possible, using flaws in human psychology and judgement.

Sorry - I think I interrupted you wanting to win an argument based on making your opponent name the calories count of a meal. Because internet.

There are moments, when even Godwins law is too tame to describe whats going on in social interactions between people on the net.

Last edited by notimp,

xenon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
This - I want to remind everyone - is named a forum for political discussion.

Discussion is also a medium of public interaction - by which people try to win arguments in the most outrageous forms possible, using flaws in human psychology and judgement.

Sorry - I think I interrupted you wanting to win an argument based on making your opponent name the calories count of a meal. Because internet.

There are moments, when even Godwins law is too tame to describe whats going on in social interactions between people on the net.
I don't understand the spirit of your intervention. Mine was not a personal attack, nor is the discussion with cots a personal one. My question about the calories relates to the debate we were having about the eating habits of a (unnamed) person he knows. The debate is about overeating vs. bad eating and I find the calories count of a person's typical meal very relevant to the conversation. Conversation which I found civil and constructive and not "because Internet". I suggest you read a few posts back and reconsider the context of my latest post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?