I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
D

Deleted User

i've only ever played the original tomb raider out of this list, and that was for like 5 minutes
i also played tomb raider 2013 but that's not a UK game

most of my library is american or japanese, with a couple of canadian games sprinkled in

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Went to school with a guy who helped make F1 2019. Guess he really did make it. Always thought his talk of being a game developer when he grew up was wishful thinking and he'd end up in a bank or call centre or something. Fair play to him for following the dream.

Reactions: Flame and DANTENDO

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sure, UK has made some good stuff in the past, especially back when home computers were all the rage in Europe. How many great games can you think of that have been made in UK in recent years though? Not that many come to mind for me.
Japan still makes the best games IMO, they just have an unique style that is difficult to copy well. With that comes a lot of weird and sometimes off putting games, but also a lot of innovative games that are entirely new ideas.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Daily mail is like the worst newspaper in the world. which is pretty impressive considering how shit newspapers are around the world.

but UK made games are fun tho. no lie.

wouldn’t let my dog go to the toilet on it! Utter rubbish, I saw an ad for the stamps on another site. No daily fail here

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

haven't heard of psygnosis before, and i haven't played many of team17's games
Psygnosis made Lemmings and Shadow of the beast :)

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Sure, UK has made some good stuff in the past, especially back when home computers were all the rage in Europe. How many great games can you think of that have been made in UK in recent years though? Not that many come to mind for me.
Japan still makes the best games IMO, they just have an unique style that is difficult to copy well. With that comes a lot of weird and sometimes off putting games, but also a lot of innovative games that are entirely new ideas.

But Japan lives, eats, drinks, shits Video games.

Japan is to video games. What earth is to the solar system. im mean it would be a fine solar system but not just the same without earth.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's kinda, obvious since the first video game to ever be implemented was IN the UK.
How do you figure that when its widely acknowledged the first ever video game was made by William Higinbotham from New York in 1958.

Screenshot_20200108_010557_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser.jpg

Last edited by AmandaRose,
Reactions: DANTENDO

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Christopher Strachey's Draughts. It was implemented on the Ferranti MK1 computer, and it was literally checkers...
You kno yr history just googled him died 1975 wonder if he ever got to see pong which most people would of said first video game

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How do you figure that when its widely acknowledged the first ever video game was made by William Higinbotham from New York in 1958.

View attachment 192666
Dammit Amanda he's not British :lol:

Reactions: andyhappypants

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: