Hacking cmios question

Sdg124

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the past I was able to get DVD-R backup discs to work on Wii by installing a custom cmios (I think). Is there a way to restore my Wii back to the regular cmios so that it can play the GC discs?

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the past I was able to get DVD-R backup discs to work on Wii by installing a custom cmios (I think). Is there a way to restore my Wii back to the regular cmios so that it can play the GC discs?
Yes, just reinstall an original Mios file. There is only one Mios slot on the Wii so be aware that if you were using a custom Mios to play DVD-R backups, that you will lose that ability once you install the original Mios over it. Same goes for playing GC backups if you were using Dios Mios.

The original Mios will cause you to lose the ability to run backups, but you will regain the ability to play original GameCube discs. If in the future you'd like to again have the ability to run backups, just reinstall a custom Mios over the existing one.

I thought there was a custom Mios that still allowed you to play original GameCube discs. But I'm unsure of that. If there is, I wouldn't know which one it was. So hopefully someone else can help you, as far as that goes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs