cMIOS Help?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Tux', May 29, 2009.

May 29, 2009

cMIOS Help? by Tux' at 3:17 AM (4,971 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Tux'
    OP

Member Tux' GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Ok, so I want to play GC backups, but have not really looked into this stuff. Ok, so I have cMIOS rev 3 and cMIOS installer, I used the Yafaze.com guide on my 4.0 wii. So do I just run the cMIOS installer, or the cMIOS rev3(as it is a .dol file), help me please?

2. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    Well the best one is the waninkoko's cMIOS installer, as it lets you choose wich MIOS version to install, I think it is that rev3 you have, but you need to execute it to see if it is the one I'm talking about, you need to press another button like X or Y to attach or patch the cIOS support or something like that, read the readme or check wiigator's blog...!! [​IMG]

P.S. I did poke the penguin along time ago, I hope he is not mad at me anymore [​IMG]

3. Yyhhggtt

Member Yyhhggtt GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Hmm so your saying I need to use waninkoko's cMIOS installer? or the one that comes with it,

4. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    That would actually be WiiGator's installer (bundled with the GC backup launcher).

Should you use WiiGator's installer, his blog has details on how to set up the files on your SD card.

5. Tux'
    OP

Member Tux' GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Ok, so I'm not sure which one I'm using (my friend borrowed my sd card, I'm pretty sure it's wiigators) but should I run the installer, or just use the cMIOS rev 3?

P.S: Ether2802, it depends, how much did you poke him? Did you enjoy poking him?

EDIT: So, just download those files and place them on my sd card? That's what is blog says, what else do I need then?

6. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I've never used any of Waninkoko's cMIOS's, but I know that the latest one from WiiGator is really good (the one from GCN Loader 0.2). It plays Rogue Squadron while the previous versions didn't.

7. SublimeAndEtc

Member SublimeAndEtc GBAtemp Regular

United States