Hacking CMIOS, CIOS , IOS60, VC Games, how dangerous?

thunderspider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
well, i've installed some ios in my wii, 58,37,56, with some fear to brick, but its all right..then,the last thing i've installed, was a ciosxrev 19, trying to ´play metroid other M. it's allright, but the metroid still doesn't work.then i've downloaded the darkcorp, i'm not installed yet, beause i see the ios60 in the package, and i've heard some brick cases under ios60,...and i have the same questions about CMIOS, and VC games, specially injected.what's my chances to brick?my wii is under firmware 3.4U, serial number LU65... if i install a ios of another system menu i will brick?

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've installed 6 VC and 2 WiiWare games and I'm still brick-free, plus I prefer to use WADs for IOS installation. (Never tried an injected VC game, don't see the point, I can emulate everything except N64, and everything I want is on an official N64 VC channel anyway) It appears to be incredibly rare to brick, unless you're attempting to install over/using a stubbed IOS. I just suggest you use BootMii and make a NAND backup before you go crazy with WADs, so if anything does go wrong you're covered.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you only have BootMii as an IOS, I'd really be careful with what WADs to install if I were you. Make sure you trust the site you get the VC/WW WADs from, same with cIOSes. You're pretty much safe with anything from NUS, as long as it's installed properly. I'd steer clear of custom WADs like injected VC games and channel forwarders, as those appear to be more risky than regular channels.

thunderspider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ok thanks for the answer guys.. so ..one more question.. the priiloader isn't until the 3.2 system menu? and the ios60 cannot be installed directly?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt