CMIOS, CIOS , IOS60, VC Games, how dangerous?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by thunderspider, Aug 30, 2010.

1. thunderspider
    OP

Newcomer thunderspider Member

Brazil
    well, i've installed some ios in my wii, 58,37,56, with some fear to brick, but its all right..then,the last thing i've installed, was a ciosxrev 19, trying to ┬┤play metroid other M. it's allright, but the metroid still doesn't work.then i've downloaded the darkcorp, i'm not installed yet, beause i see the ios60 in the package, and i've heard some brick cases under ios60,...and i have the same questions about CMIOS, and VC games, specially injected.what's my chances to brick?my wii is under firmware 3.4U, serial number LU65... if i install a ios of another system menu i will brick?

2. Riley

Member Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    If you have bootmii as boot2 you wont brick.

3. PeregrinFig

Member PeregrinFig A miserable little pile of secrets

United States
    I've installed 6 VC and 2 WiiWare games and I'm still brick-free, plus I prefer to use WADs for IOS installation. (Never tried an injected VC game, don't see the point, I can emulate everything except N64, and everything I want is on an official N64 VC channel anyway) It appears to be incredibly rare to brick, unless you're attempting to install over/using a stubbed IOS. I just suggest you use BootMii and make a NAND backup before you go crazy with WADs, so if anything does go wrong you're covered.

4. thunderspider
    OP

Brazil
    my wii just accept bootmii as ios

5. Riley

Canada
    Use Priiloader for brick protection. If you reinstall the system menu it will get deleted though ....

6. PeregrinFig

Member PeregrinFig A miserable little pile of secrets

United States
    If you only have BootMii as an IOS, I'd really be careful with what WADs to install if I were you. Make sure you trust the site you get the VC/WW WADs from, same with cIOSes. You're pretty much safe with anything from NUS, as long as it's installed properly. I'd steer clear of custom WADs like injected VC games and channel forwarders, as those appear to be more risky than regular channels.

7. Richardarkless

Member Richardarkless GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Then the best you can do is install priiloader, this will protect you but only at certain things things for example a banner bricks

8. Burton

Member Burton Real Life VIP and Educator

Puerto Rico
    +1 and install it as soon as possible.

9. thunderspider
    OP

Brazil
    ok thanks for the answer guys.. so ..one more question.. the priiloader isn't until the 3.2 system menu? and the ios60 cannot be installed directly?

10. Riley

Canada
    IOS60 = Used with system menu 4.1

Your on system menu 3.4 so it doesnt matter. If you want to update to 4.1 install IOS60 v6174 + System menu 4.1 with DOP-mii v13.