1. jijisama

jijisama Member
    Newcomer

Morocco
    any updates?

2. Joel16

OP Joel16 Ils ne passeront pas

United States
    If you mean the text editor/viewer? no. I find the psp to be rather clunky with such a feature. We still don't have access to a qwerty keyboard using Sony's offical OSK. I haven't been working on much apart from polishing the core existing features. Now that I've been employed, I don't get a lot of time to work on this.

alexander1970 likes this.
  3. jijisama

jijisama Member
    Newcomer

Morocco
    congratulations for having a job and thanks for the reply :yay:

alexander1970 and Joel16 like this.
  4. Important Posts: CMFileManager PSP - v3.20
    Joel16

United States
    I thought I'd release this update as it is, because it has improved a lot over the time and quite frankly if I don't do it now, I probably won't in a very long time so why not? Also with the new infinity release, this may be worth checking out ;)

New Release: CMFileManager PSP - v3.20

It is recommended to do a fresh install for this release due to a change in the config system. JSON is now used to parse the config file, and thus the previous method is no longer used. For a fresh install please delete the CMFileManager folder from PSP/GAME.

Change-log:
    • Added a new an improved EBOOT launcher menu. This menu now does more than just a useless launcher, it allows the user to dump the ICON0 and PIC1 data into PSP/PHOTO/{ EBOOT NAME }
    • Newly improved config system - now uses config.json to read/write config file. This also fixed the random crashes when reading config file during boot up.
    • Added a new developer settings toggle to guard sensitive partitions such as flash0 - flash3 and disc0.
    • Logs are only written if the new develop settings toggle is enabled.
    • The version string is now displayed on the XMB.
    • Display an error message if an image is bigger than 512x512 and thus cannot be loaded.
    • Fixed for incorrect battery percentage when no battery was inserted.
    • Updated versions of dr_flac and dr_wav for FLAC and WAV decoding respectively.
    • More important logs, such as data if module/driver fails to load, some service failed to be initialized etc.
    • About screen now displays the version strings of the various libraries use that have functions/variables to export their version info.
    • Clean up kernel plugins/drivers (audio_driver.prx and display_driver.prx)
    • Many under the hood changes to improve performance, consistency and minor bug fixes that cannot all be listed.

Screenshots:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Download:
    https://github.com/joel16/CMFileManager-PSP/releases/tag/v3.20

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  5. alexander1970

alexander1970 Austrian Guy - allowed make grammatical Errors

Austria
    Hello.:)

Thank you,a really great Improvement on your Work !!!! Outstanding !! :yay:

Thank you for your Work and your Time on this great "FREE" Tool for our beloved PSP.:bow:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    MicmasH_W, cvskid and Joel16 like this.
  6. MarioKartFan

MarioKartFan Member
    Newcomer

Algeria
    Really excellent. Thanks for the amazing work.

alexander1970 and Joel16 like this.
  7. crimsonwolf8439

Newcomer

Joel delivering again :P

Joel16 and alexander1970 like this.
  8. jijisama

jijisama Member
    Newcomer

Morocco
    thank you so much for your hard work :grog:

Joel16 and alexander1970 like this.
  9. MicmasH_W

MicmasH_W Doofy snow leopard

United States
    Oh my goodness! This looks so dang awesome, will have to download this when I can get some time! Outstanding work there buddy

Joel16 likes this.
  10. Joel16

United States
    Thanks everyone for the kind words and support :)

11. AmirKadash

AmirKadash Newbie
    Newcomer

Turkey
    Hey Joel, this is beautiful! I just registered on gbatemp to say thanks.

I don’t understand why people are asking for PDF and text editing when there’s already homebrews for that for like 10 years. One is called PSPwrite and the other one is Bookr.

I like that you based the interface on CM. It looks clean and modern. Finally having a real file move function is a god’s blessing for me.

Opus support is very useful too. For anyone unaware about it, you can transcode a lot your songs to Opus at 128 kbps and it’s superior to the 20 years old MP3s at 320 kbps with almost one third of the size. I know we all have a smartphone in our pockets nowadays, but if you’re still in love with your PSP, you probably like to have some music in it. I tested some opus files and it works flawlessly. I just can’t figure out how to skip tracks and enable repeat song in this homebrew. Seems like there’s no scrubbing feature either.

Anyway, I’m very impressed by your work. I still have your Ubuntu shell. Thank you for putting your time on this project.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    Joel16 and MicmasH_W like this.
  12. Joel16

United States
    Thank you so much for the kind words! I think I may have just closed the doors for this project. Busy with work/want to pursue other projects right now. Maybe someone else may pick it up, but I had a lot of fun developing this, and its nice to see people still using their PSPs.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    Malckyor and alexander1970 like this.
  13. alexander1970

alexander1970 Austrian Guy - allowed make grammatical Errors

Austria
    Hello.:)

Thank you for your great work and your Time you invested in this really awesome Tool !
    I wish you all good for your (Developer) Future and maybe we see new Projects/Tools from you.:yay:

THANK YOU ! :)

Joel16 and Malckyor like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - CMFileManager, purpose, manager