Hacking CMDVDX34/35 pirate message

sfjuocekr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have done virtually everything to get this message gone ...

I restored a NAND dump from before I started fidling with wads and it still stays there.

This is pretty annoying knowing that the pirated WADs were a few VC games to inject other roms to and Defend Your Castle ... which I bought because I couldnt find a working version for PAL :s

Things that do not work:

Running NANDClean
Running Shared2Clean
Formatting your Wii
Restoring a NAND dumb from a virgin state ...

Someone with an aswer?

Or a different question, how do I install a custom IOS on a 4.0 Wii without CMDVDX34/35? I obviously need to downgrade IOS35 ...

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually helped someone with that yesterday. You basically can install bootmii as whatever option works for you. (Get a boot2 install if you can, but IOS will work.)

Then you get cboot2, but you will need to get a boot2 wad out of a game or something, as you can't access it with NUSD. Then you can obtain a trucha compatible version of whatever IOS you want (35 in your case I guess, unless you want something else) in wad form using NUSD.

Then, once you put it all together, you can use the wad manager cboot2 comes with to uninstall/install the trucha vulnerable wad (in effect downgrading it). Then you can just run the cIOS install and pick whichever IOS you downgraded.

sfjuocekr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Golfman560 said:
Just unistall any WiiWare/VC games you don't own, delete the tickets with AnyTitleDeleter, and the messages will disappear.

Ive wiped everything from my Wii with AnyTitleDeleter, until I had only a bare system left and no still no candle.

sfjuocekr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
s3phir0th115 said:
I actually helped someone with that yesterday. You basically can install bootmii as whatever option works for you. (Get a boot2 install if you can, but IOS will work.)

Then you get cboot2, but you will need to get a boot2 wad out of a game or something, as you can't access it with NUSD. Then you can obtain a trucha compatible version of whatever IOS you want (35 in your case I guess, unless you want something else) in wad form using NUSD.

Then, once you put it all together, you can use the wad manager cboot2 comes with to uninstall/install the trucha vulnerable wad (in effect downgrading it). Then you can just run the cIOS install and pick whichever IOS you downgraded.

Could you please explain this abit less vague?

I have BootMii/boot2 installed, first thing I did when I started last week.

IOS38-64-v3610 would be a truncha vulnerable IOS for example? Does it really matter what IOS is used to install cIOS?

Now for the cBoot2 part, Ive got the installer now just need to search for getting BOOT2-v2-64.wad.out.wad

sfjuocekr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lexip; said:
What do you have on your sd card?

Only softmod related stuff, no CIOSCORP.

(It worked a few days ago, when my system was not touched by the VC injects and Defend Your Castle wad with exactly the same contents on the SD card)

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sfjuocekr said:
Could you please explain this abit less vague?

I have BootMii/boot2 installed, first thing I did when I started last week.

IOS38-64-v3610 would be a truncha vulnerable IOS for example? Does it really matter what IOS is used to install cIOS?

Now for the cBoot2 part, Ive got the installer now just need to search for getting BOOT2-v2-64.wad.out.wad

I can try.

It doesn't matter what trucha vulnerable IOS you use. You just need to pick one and make sure you choose to use that one while you install cIOS.

And the boot2 wad can be found in any Wii disc from what I understand. Just get an ISO and use wii scrubber to extract it. Then you can use wwpacker (search for it on here, it's where I found it) to extract the wad, and the files produced are used with cboot2 after renaming. (You can tell which one is which if you use any hash checking tool. hashtab for windows works well for me.)

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uninstall all VC/WiiWare titles and custom channels aside from the HBC and run shared2clean. The. The downgrade process should work. Or you could do the cboot2 thing.

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you say the contents on your sd card, does that mean you have the wads of the Roma and DYC? If you have them on your sd card, the message will come up.

sfjuocekr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great I got it working.

Unpacked needed files from a game backup with Wiiscrubber
smile.gif

Posts merged

Lordpoketehpenguin said:
When you say the contents on your sd card, does that mean you have the wads of the Roma and DYC? If you have them on your sd card, the message will come up.

I dont have those wads on my SD card.

sfjuocekr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ill merge this into my idiot/noobproof tutorial.

The cBoot2 trick isnt all that hard, it just took a little researching (for me as a Wii newb).

Btw (off topic), what exactly does the IOS60Patched.wad do? Because if I just let Preloader patch it, everything seems just fine ... shop channel etc seems working. Is there something that doesnt work?

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sfjuocekr said:

The cBoot2 trick isnt all that hard, it just took a little researching (for me as a Wii newb).

Btw (off topic), what exactly does the IOS60Patched.wad do? Because if I just let Preloader patch it, everything seems just fine ... shop channel etc seems working. Is there something that doesnt work?

Yeah, it's not as hard as I thought it was at first glance. It just takes a little bit of research, and I think it's better than getting rid of wiiware to comply with some anti-pirate's idiotic demands.

And I think IOS60Patched.wad is a trucha patched or cIOS patched wad that allows trucha patched wads to work with the new SD feature in 4.0, which runs on IOS60.

sfjuocekr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
s3phir0th115 said:
sfjuocekr said:

Yeah, it's not as hard as I thought it was at first glance. It just takes a little bit of research, and I think it's better than getting rid of wiiware to comply with some anti-pirate's idiotic demands.

And I think IOS60Patched.wad is a trucha patched or cIOS patched wad that allows trucha patched wads to work with the new SD feature in 4.0, which runs on IOS60.

Ill test it out, seems to me all games are working without it tho :s

Doesnt Preloader do the correct patching?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all