CMDVDX34/35 pirate message

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by sfjuocekr, Jun 23, 2009.

Jun 23, 2009

CMDVDX34/35 pirate message by sfjuocekr at 11:46 PM (2,751 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. sfjuocekr
    OP

Newcomer sfjuocekr Advanced Member

Netherlands
    I have done virtually everything to get this message gone ...

I restored a NAND dump from before I started fidling with wads and it still stays there.

This is pretty annoying knowing that the pirated WADs were a few VC games to inject other roms to and Defend Your Castle ... which I bought because I couldnt find a working version for PAL :s

Things that do not work:

Running NANDClean
    Running Shared2Clean
    Formatting your Wii
    Restoring a NAND dumb from a virgin state ...

Someone with an aswer?

Or a different question, how do I install a custom IOS on a 4.0 Wii without CMDVDX34/35? I obviously need to downgrade IOS35 ...

2. s3phir0th115

Member s3phir0th115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I actually helped someone with that yesterday. You basically can install bootmii as whatever option works for you. (Get a boot2 install if you can, but IOS will work.)

Then you get cboot2, but you will need to get a boot2 wad out of a game or something, as you can't access it with NUSD. Then you can obtain a trucha compatible version of whatever IOS you want (35 in your case I guess, unless you want something else) in wad form using NUSD.

Then, once you put it all together, you can use the wad manager cboot2 comes with to uninstall/install the trucha vulnerable wad (in effect downgrading it). Then you can just run the cIOS install and pick whichever IOS you downgraded.

3. Golfman560

Member Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Antarctica
    Just unistall any WiiWare/VC games you don't own, delete the tickets with AnyTitleDeleter, and the messages will disappear.

4. sfjuocekr
    OP

Netherlands
    Ive wiped everything from my Wii with AnyTitleDeleter, until I had only a bare system left and no still no candle.

5. Lexip;

Member Lexip; GBAtemp Fan

United States
    What do you have on your sd card?

6. sfjuocekr
    OP

Netherlands
    Could you please explain this abit less vague?

I have BootMii/boot2 installed, first thing I did when I started last week.

IOS38-64-v3610 would be a truncha vulnerable IOS for example? Does it really matter what IOS is used to install cIOS?

Now for the cBoot2 part, Ive got the installer now just need to search for getting BOOT2-v2-64.wad.out.wad

7. sfjuocekr
    OP

Netherlands
    Only softmod related stuff, no CIOSCORP.

(It worked a few days ago, when my system was not touched by the VC injects and Defend Your Castle wad with exactly the same contents on the SD card)

8. s3phir0th115

United States
    I can try.

It doesn't matter what trucha vulnerable IOS you use. You just need to pick one and make sure you choose to use that one while you install cIOS.

And the boot2 wad can be found in any Wii disc from what I understand. Just get an ISO and use wii scrubber to extract it. Then you can use wwpacker (search for it on here, it's where I found it) to extract the wad, and the files produced are used with cboot2 after renaming. (You can tell which one is which if you use any hash checking tool. hashtab for windows works well for me.)

9. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Uninstall all VC/WiiWare titles and custom channels aside from the HBC and run shared2clean. The. The downgrade process should work. Or you could do the cboot2 thing.

10. Tux'

Member Tux' GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    When you say the contents on your sd card, does that mean you have the wads of the Roma and DYC? If you have them on your sd card, the message will come up.

11. sfjuocekr
    OP

Netherlands
    Great I got it working.

Unpacked needed files from a game backup with Wiiscrubber [​IMG]

Posts merged

I dont have those wads on my SD card.

12. sfjuocekr
    OP

Netherlands
    Ill merge this into my idiot/noobproof tutorial.

The cBoot2 trick isnt all that hard, it just took a little researching (for me as a Wii newb).

Btw (off topic), what exactly does the IOS60Patched.wad do? Because if I just let Preloader patch it, everything seems just fine ... shop channel etc seems working. Is there something that doesnt work?

13. s3phir0th115

United States
    Yeah, it's not as hard as I thought it was at first glance. It just takes a little bit of research, and I think it's better than getting rid of wiiware to comply with some anti-pirate's idiotic demands.

And I think IOS60Patched.wad is a trucha patched or cIOS patched wad that allows trucha patched wads to work with the new SD feature in 4.0, which runs on IOS60.

14. Tux'

Member Tux' GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    It let's you run VC from the SD menu I think, wasn't what it was supposed to do?

15. sfjuocekr
    OP

Netherlands
    Ill test it out, seems to me all games are working without it tho :s

Doesnt Preloader do the correct patching?