Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics will have a free to play "Pocket Edition" version

Not only will Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics launch tomorrow, but so too will Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics: Pocket Edition. "Pocket Edition" will be a free version of the game, and will come with four games: Dominoes, Four in a Row, President, and Slot Cars. It will also allow users to play together locally with other players that own the full version of the game. Both the retail version of Clubhouse Games and the free-to-play digital Pocket Edition will release simultaneously, on June 5th.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Ladies and gentlemen, sneak peek at Nintendo’s exclusives this year.

domino and cards
I don’t get the hate for this game. The Clubhouse Games on DS was by far one of the most recommended games from users here for quite a while. The Switch has also had tons of titles already, including a launch of Animal Crossing like, 2 months ago. And under normal circumstances, E3 would be next week, and we’d be seeing all the games in the pipeline for the rest of 2020, and onwards. The entire year got messed up, but that’s not Nintendo’s fault. They had a decent early-year lineup.

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
So I think this will go as follows:

1. People looking into buying the game for the novelty of playing board games digitally
2. People initially like it until they realize that they are the same games that they can play on the physical form or that there are other types of games worth playing
3. Everyone forgetting about these games.

Conclusion: nice cash grab for a while. Until it wears off

Last edited by Bullseye,

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I L-o-v-e-d the DS v of Clubhouse games, (specifically, my love of Backgammon /w D cube only & Chess) the variety in that one seemed better, even though it was card heavy... This one seems better polished. However, I have heard that the character chatter between games is annoying and I won't be able to get past that as I hear it happens each time you choose a game or to replay the same game, I WAS looking forward to this until the preview. I believe this is why some companies don't put out previews. Gatcha Not necc. N though.

tl;dr can't skip chatter between games, so I'll just skip it all now.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer Domino to play in real life. I will just pass on this one. It is nice to be free but I am not going to play it. Those games exist in real life so why bother ? Hello, Domino, I am going to play it with friends. It is very popular in Portugal/Azores.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I L-o-v-e-d the DS v of Clubhouse games, (specifically, my love of Backgammon /w D cube only & Chess) the variety in that one seemed better, even though it was card heavy... This one seems better polished. However, I have heard that the character chatter between games is annoying and I won't be able to get past that as I hear it happens each time you choose a game or to replay the same game, I WAS looking forward to this until the preview. I believe this is why some companies don't put out previews. Gatcha Not necc. N though.

tl;dr can't skip chatter between games, so I'll just skip it all now.
Chatter between games? What? :unsure: Seems like something that needs to be patched... I have not seen this yet, but it sounds bad. I'm still looking forward to this game though, I'm a board game lover without friends, so digital versions are amazing :rofl:

seseiSeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dang it, the free version doesn't have bowling. And I'm probably not going to buy the full game. Guess the Wii is going to stay where it is, ready for more four player bowling action.

Reactions: Sumasuun

xatzimi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's with the negativity? This is a great way to easily play these games online with friends if you can't see them right now for real

Reactions: banjo2

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I like this game. Suits my simple mind.
Bit disappointed that Dots&Lines game on Impossible is still too easy to put up a challenge but Ludo drove me bonkers.
No way there's a fair RNG coded in that game.

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What's with the negativity? This is a great way to easily play these games online with friends if you can't see them right now for real
This is the main reason why I bought the GoDice on KickStarter. Not everyone has local friends, and even more so with the quarantine. Alos, it's easier to bring a Switch than bring 50 games of material.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1