Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics will feature unlockable Mario-themed cards

HU3PUfV.png

The DS classic Clubhouse Games, or as Europeans know it, 42 All-Time Classics is getting a new version. Previously announced during the Nintendo Direct Mini was Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics, for the Nintendo Switch. Not only will the game offer tons of different tabletop and card games, but they'll also feature playing cards wth various Mario-themed cards for you to unlock. Clubhouse Games is set for a June 5th launch, for $39.99.

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aaa I love these so much. Shout-out to everybody who still has the Mario Hanafuda deck from Club Nintendo!
I have a Mario-themed deck of playing cards from Club Nintendo. Does that count? It's a super nice deck, but I kind of regret not getting the reward from the previous year which was a statue, lol.

Last edited by ChaosEternal,
Reactions: Scarlet

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Mario-themed deck of playing cards from Club Nintendo. Does that count?
I'm fairly sure the Club Nintendo designs are what they're actually using in the game, which is cute. The Hanafuda deck has the Club Nintendo logo on them, so I'd assume the playing cards are the same too.

Gosh I miss Club Nintendo. Give us physical rewards again you cowards.

Reactions: ChaosEternal

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Smash bros card deck when? (Seriously, you have way more than enough characters on the select screen to make a card deck) :ninja:
There is actually a Smash Bros Melee card deck, though I think they were just some kind of promo thing. I have em lying around somewhere, but here's some pics from the world wide web:

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm fairly sure the Club Nintendo designs are what they're actually using in the game, which is cute. The Hanafuda deck has the Club Nintendo logo on them, so I'd assume the playing cards are the same too.

Gosh I miss Club Nintendo. Give us physical rewards again you cowards.
Japan has physical rewards

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is actually a Smash Bros Melee card deck, though I think they were just some kind of promo thing. I have em lying around somewhere, but here's some pics from the world wide web:
Uhh... are these playing cards or some kind of special deck battle cards like yu-gi-oh, or magic the gathering? :blink:

plushifoxed

I wanna talk more about kawaii stuff!
Trophies
Website
roxie.nyc
XP
Country
United States
I always loved the kind of overall aesthetic of the DS Clubhouse Games, especially the music and stuff. Sadly, the original developer, Agenda, long since left the games business and probably whoever composed the music has too, and this game looks a lot more in the vein of, say, the old Wii Play minigames. Not that that's too bad of a thing especially as a pack of party games, I just kind of lament the loss of cool old stylish gaming stuff.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd really like to see card art for more than just mario.
Maybe some hint of expansions in the future.
I'm not sure why but I'm a little excited for this release though probably cause its 40 dollars and has some odd games in there.
I dunno twenty bucks less just feels like an easier buy.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loved the DS version so much, it reminded me of one of those old big lidded tin cans full of wooden block and card brain games I had when I was a kid. I can't wait for the release of this, especially with the added tabletop sports games and the little wii-play style games.

Reactions: plushifoxed

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Aww yeah, I really want this game T_T

I'm interested in seeing all the games more in depth, and what options there are.
I'm still looking for that ultimate Hanafuda experience. I have to admit that I love my SNES Hanafuda game :D

Reactions: Scarlet

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Aww yeah, I really want this game T_T

I'm interested in seeing all the games more in depth, and what options there are.
I'm still looking for that ultimate Hanafuda experience. I have to admit that I love my SNES Hanafuda game :D
I'd been relying on a Japan-only 3DS game for my hanafuda fix. Gonna be lush to have a nice English app.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol