Club Penguin shutting down, becoming mobile-only

image.jpeg

Your favorite browser based penguin MMO game will be ending as you know it, come March 29, 2017. The official Club Penguin blog announced that the game will be ending support for its current format, and will be shut down at the end of March. Afterwards, it will become "Club Penguin Island", offering a completely different experience, with "unique and new gameplay" features. When Club Penguin is discontinued, it will have run for 11 years. You can currently pre-register for Club Penguin Island on the official site.

:arrow: Source

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the general lifespan of an MMO game? The game I grew up with is still running to this very day but I guess that really all depends how much of a player base is left to keep the servers on.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
What is the general lifespan of an MMO game? The game I grew up with is still running to this very day but I guess that really all depends how much of a player base is left to keep the servers on.
Depends entirely on the game, I know of a couple MMOs from the 90s that are still alive and kicking today whereas there are others that only last a few years with double the following of the 90s games.

Reactions: RemixDeluxe
D

Deleted User

I've hated Club Penguin ever since I was little, when I got banned for absolutely nothing on the first day or so of using it. I don't even remember WHAT I was banned for, I just remember that it was pretty stupid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...