Club Nintendo to be discontinued

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Club Nintendo in Europe will be replaced by a new loyalty programme, though it's unclear what it's about:
We’re working hard to create a new programme, which we plan to launch later this year. And as a special offer, users who sign up to the new programme during the launch period will be able to download Flipnote Studio 3D to a Nintendo 3DS system for free. Please stay tuned to the Nintendo website for further details.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
b-but mu fr3 virtul consul gaemz!!! :cry:
I have +465 coins(I have surveys to do) and the only thing I can get are shitty games, I don't live in USA and they don't ship outside. hell, they don't even let you register if you are not from USA.

Well, now that I took a look they have Super Metroid for Wii U, I was waiting them to put it again, so I better grab it before is too late.

EDIT: oops... Super Metroid is the Wii version, not Wii U. HATE YOU FOREVER NIN10DOH :hateit:

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The only thing I'm annoyed about is the fact that I dec ided to NOT register a second hand 3DS's code last month along with Smash Bros 3DS to redeem a free 3DS game because I thought they were going to do another free game promotion again in the future. Either way, I have 5700 points saved up since I bought my 3DS and I hope they include some nice physical goods before it closes for good.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Points, coins, vague promise of future deals, reworking systems as people get used to them... Nintendo may not know online games, downloadable games/content or seemingly what made them successful originally but they do know their scams it seems.

Reactions: DSlite2

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Points, coins, vague promise of future deals, reworking systems as people get used to them... Nintendo may not know online games, downloadable games/content or seemingly what made them successful originally but they do know their scams it seems.

Club Nintendo has been around for yeeeeeears. :P Long enough time to have gotten used to it.

Reactions: Skelletonike

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I saw news about Club Nintendo to be discontinued when I log in my account at Club Nintendo.

Problems will affect Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DSi when you have Club Nintendo account would stop working after June 30, 2015. RIP Club Nintendo system on Nintendo Wii and DSi on year 2015. :(

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In order to reach Elite Status, you must earn 300 Coins (for Gold Status) or 600 Coins (for Platinum Status) between July 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015. Members who reach Elite Status will be able to choose a downloadable game from a wide selection of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U titles. Your free Elite Status gift will be available between April 1 and April 30, 2015. A list of the Elite Status 2015 gifts will be posted here once announced.
Via Nintendo usa

It suck as I have a Premium account with 480 coins and a gold one with 10. Either way I hope the give use some good games and not just the same ones the have been giving out all year

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If they replace it with a better service, it is not a big deal IMO, but everyone with a crapton of points will be screwed.

It is a shame I never could use it because lack of official support here and lack of international shipping. :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse